Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly i just rewatched the fight and i am pissed...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who says Floyd had the fight in the bag is clearly a fanboy or only a casual boxing fan. The fight was just heating up. Ortiz was doing a good job. He was starting to connect in the 4th, for all we know, Floyd could have been on his ass in the 5th. Too bad we got robbed of a good fight.

Comment

I hate the guy but he is a freakin boxing genious .... i mean look at this numbers !

i am so bad at embbeding images hahaha
      Last edited by ..David..; 09-20-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
        Yeah he was putting on a show, i am sure the last rounds would have been amazing with ortizes heart and floyd skills. I honestly think he was gonna be severly punished but in an entretaining fight, damn u floyd hahaha
        Yeah maybe but HEART and ORTIZ dont go together IMO. I've tried too many times to convince myself otherwise but I just think of his fights and I think he lacks it. balls he has cuz any fighter that steps in that ring has it. but heart, its tough for me to think it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyNumbers View Post
          Anyone who says Floyd had the fight in the bag is clearly a fanboy or only a casual boxing fan. The fight was just heating up. Ortiz was doing a good job. He was starting to connect in the 4th, for all we know, Floyd could have been on his ass in the 5th. Too bad we got robbed of a good fight.
          Im deffinately no fanboy. The fact that Ortiz headbutted should tell you everything. FRUSTRATED fighters do that. Despite if he landed a shot here and there, The man jumped in the air to hit the guy with his head. I though Cintrons (k-Frog) jump through the ropes was tough to beat but Ortiz might have taken the prize.

Comment

Only to the casual fan eye the fight could have looked even..

Plus out of ortiz 20 of his 22 kos have been in the early rounds ( before 6 ) and he tends to go down in the later roudns, floyd gets better each round. It would have been a masterful performance but he had to ruin it.

Comment

I was up at 5.00 a.m to watch the fight after looking forward to it for a couple of months or so. So naturally I was disappointed that it did not last longer but can anyone seriously blame Mayweather for throwing a legal shot and knocking the Billy Goat out early for that disappointment?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
                Floyd knew that if it went into the later rounds that he would not make it.

Floyd's legs is gone. Floyd knew it. And so Floyd cheated early in the fight.
                What do you gain when you troll around these boards anyway?

You think your imaginations become reality just as long as you repeat yourself enough times?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
                  Floyd knew that if it went into the later rounds that he would not make it.

Floyd's legs is gone. Floyd knew it. And so Floyd cheated early in the fight.
                  If you're serious then you have lost all credibility. Give the man some credit, he was destroying Ortiz and if anyone was getting stopped, it was Ortiz. If you hate Mayweather that's fine, but don't say dumb **** like he done it because he knew he was gonna get stopped because if you watched the fight, that statement is about as far away from the truth as you can get

Comment

I am a Mayweather fan but I'm just being real, I thought Mayweather was dominating. Ortiz was starting to warm up though but Floyd was in control throughout

Comment

Joey, if "Numbers" mean something to you then why don't you look at the stats? Ortiz were no where near having Floyd "on his ass".

So, having "trapped" your opponent on the ropes, throwing 20 punches and only landing 2-3 shots is now classified as "being dominating"?

Floyd had the 4th round sealed. Ortiz tried to steal the round in the remaining 20 seconds. Up to that point, it was all Mayweather.

Anyway, if Ortiz felt he was coming through, then why try to blatantly assault his opponent with his head? Frustration. Pure frustration that he couldn't land anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X