No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Cortez Responds To Critics Over Mayweather-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Cortez Responds To Critics Over Mayweather-Ortiz

Referee Joe Cortez has received a lot of criticism from the fans and the boxing media, with nearly all of his critics being upset over the veteran referee's performance in last Saturday's controversial fight between Floyd Mayweather and Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. During the fourth round, Ortiz apologized to Mayweather for intentionally using his head. He hugged Mayweather when the foul was committed, and then Cortez took a point away from Ortiz.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bull**** he is trying to cover up for him not doing his job. I watched it over and over and never did he instruct them to fight!! He should be fired not Larry Merchant!

Comment

Cortez is right Ortiz made a rookie mistake and he payed for it Cortez said lets go that means fight not hug and keep apologizing protect yourself at all times he failed to that boom pow Ko
      Last edited by MrClutch85; 09-19-2011, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Cortez is 100% correct - but I don't know why he was looking outside of the ring...that was poor refereeing. But he DID tell them to fight on.

Comment

Retire Joe Cortez. That is just what I am going to write. Too many expletives and curses to write all forwarded to Cortez.

Comment

At what point did he instruct them to fight? He never made the hand gesture nor did it come out of his mouth. Furthermore, if he DID instruct him, why would he look away and talk to the judges instead of paying attention to whats going on inside of the ring?

Cortez ****ed up, again.

Comment

Originally posted by BoriBlaze1 View Post
              Bull**** he is trying to cover up for him not doing his job. I watched it over and over and never did he instruct them to fight!! He should be fired not Larry Merchant!

No you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BoriBlaze1 View Post
                Bro you need to watch it again and with unbiased eyes homey. Cortez took Ortiz to a neutral corner told him not to do it again, said "lets go", clapped his hands and moved back. Unless you wanted him to put it in writing then there is nothing more for him to do. Now if you want to complain about him not watching the action then you are correct. That look from Cortez when your boy got smashed with the right was priceless.

Comment

Ortiz IMO kicked himself in the head with that fight with those ridiculous excessive apologies. No excuses.

But I never saw a hand gesture from Joe Cortez to resume fighting if it's worth anything.

Ironic for Cortez to say Ortiz was inexperienced when he himself wasn't paying attention to what was happening, which was his first and foremost job in there.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    At what point did he instruct them to fight? He never made the hand gesture nor did it come out of his mouth. Furthermore, if he DID instruct him, why would he look away and talk to the judges instead of paying attention to whats going on inside of the ring?

Cortez ****ed up, again.
                    Cortez said lets go meaning fight he don't need to be looking at the fighters when he is looking at the timekeeper trying to get the time back in

Comment

Working...
                    X