Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last night was a GREAT night for boxing..here's why...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of those fights had people at my party scratching their heads.

The Canelo-Gomez fight looked suspicious with that early stoppage and Gomez admitting that the judges were bought.

The main event looked like a staged event WWE style making a parody of the Pac-Mosley fight. Victor Ortiz played the role of Mosley with his hugs and kisses bullshit while May sends a message to Pac that he's not gonna fck around and be friendly. He's gonna knock you out.

Lastly, Joe Cortez is the dirtiest ref in the game. Last night spoke volumes to an already hefty archive of Cortez's bad reputation.

Comment

It sure as hell was an entertaining event.
      Great undercard, main event was entertaining and the Larry Merchant interview was the cherry on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
        it was awesome, especially the undercards. Regardless of the main event's outcome everybody is talking about it - controversy sells.
        Yeah man it was so good I'd definately pay another $60 to watch someone get sucker punch or have an early stoppage to seal the win.

Comment

Originally posted by deadhead09 View Post
          You paid for the hay/klit fight?
          No! But I feel for those who did!

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          naw i must disagree. i was stupid enough to pay for it, i wish the main event would've went on longer with no crappy ending like that. it would've showed exactly where floyd stood at this point in his career (4 rds is a bit short to tell imo). also, i would've liked to see how much ortiz would've done later in rounds....
          Yeh but even the interview was worth the watch, like your avi loooool nice

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
            It sure as hell was an entertaining event.
            Great undercard, main event was entertaining and the Larry Merchant interview was the cherry on top.
            The interview had me in stitches...lol

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
              The interview had me in stitches...lol
              I know, it was so funny, the look on Larry's face when he turned to the camera hahaha oh my god man best ever.

Comment

If you call what transpired a great night for boxing then you must be really delusional. Boxing does not need a near dirty and controversial fight like this, especially when one of the fighter is one of the big names in the sport.

You'll only get people to switch to another fighting sport like UFC, which has been gaining ground.

Comment

Originally posted by imscythe View Post
                  If you call what transpired a great night for boxing then you must be really delusional. Boxing does not need a near dirty and controversial fight like this, especially when one of the fighter is one of the big names in the sport.

You'll only get people to switch to another fighting sport like UFC, which has been gaining ground.
                  Are you crazy. Controversy sells.

Comment

I went with a group of casual fans to the theater.

They loved the card.

Especially the main event.

We couldn't stop talking about it for hours.

Great night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                      Are you crazy. Controversy sells.
                      If you're looking for a short term view then yes, controversy sells. But people will get tired of it coz this is not WWE and Floyd and that dumbas$ Cortez made it look like one. Plus, you have Ortiz smiling after getting KO'd instead of complaining why he got sucker punched when the ref wasn't even LOOKING.

Makes you think that WWE has invaded boxing and people pay big money to watch a real sport.

That's why I get it when some people is saying that UFC is better because of stuff like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X