No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz Official Round by Round Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by major handz View Post
    yup rewatch the very end if you can ..and look when joe tells victor you can not be doing that at that point the clock was around 8-9 seconds then joe clapped his hands partially and said lets go ..im not 100% sure of the rules he said Lets go ..is that considered a time in?? even after that he goes to a ring side ref to point and ask "ARE YOU ALRIGHT"?? or something of that nature ..but the ringside ref is the one who started the count ...this could really be a big debate im glad some one else noticed it.
    dude, it's not a debate at all because it's easy to solve. cortez stopped the clock at 9 secs. he re started the clock at 9 secs when he said "lets go"

victor was ko'd around 4 secs..........

i don't know what to say.....ortiz was knocked out fair & square........

it's hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
      one thing we are overlooking in this controversy is how good Floyd actually looked.....

Lmao, this **** was fixed. Garcia stepped up to the ring as soon as Victor got dropped then immediately went back down. Must have missed his cue.

Comment

• Originally posted by americanbot View Post
        DUDE. cortez said "lets go" & clapped his hands together after bringing both fighters together...are you a dumba** or a DELUSIONAL RET@RD.

I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE WERE B*TCHING OVER A LEGAL SHOT WHOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it's not that cut and dry, sorry dude.......

i am a bit of a conspiracy guy and the lack of professionalism by all parties involved suggests i might have a legitimate critique about this situation in the fight.....

how many title bouts has cortez refereed???

floyd's been in a bunch of title fights, but i will give him the fact that he's an opportunist, hence the way he scored his ko.......

ortiz is a professional who is a guy that has proven that he takes his health more seriously than winning, hence the quitting against maidana, so in his biggest fight of his life, wouldn't it behoove him to protect himself at all times, the very same rule that has been pounded into his head everyday of his life inside the ring and gym!?!? doesn't it seem odd of such a lack of focus, then back to the standard, it is what it is....

but the clincher for me was when ortiz said for no reason, and there was NEVER ANY MENTION PRIOR of joe cortez in his interview, but ortiz says as the very last thing, which stands out like the lone white guy at a black panthers rally, was, ortiz said, " you can't blame the ref "........ why?!?! that was so out of place and NOWHERE NEAR any part of the interview, joe cortez........

doesn't sit right with me, sorry, i didn't believe in saddams weapons of mass destructions neither, or hope and change we can believe in.............. sorry broski, i do my own thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
          You can see he's totally out of his league in that moment, he's looking somewhere outside the ring and not paying attention to whats happening in the ring.

Floyd being the scumbag he is and realizing Ortiz is going to crush him in the later rounds just takes the scumbag way out.

Easy as that.

No fighter who is confident in winning takes such a bitchmade route to victory. Unless you're a bitch like Fraud.
          "crush him in the later rounds".

ortiz was fixing to do nothing more than have the wings pulled off him with slow sadism before being splatted on the canvas without a grain of compassion.

it's ortiz' fault he's a dumbass surfer dude who just stares vacantly at the ref after eating a hard left hook, his chin up with a big sticker on it saying "SMASH ME!", not floyd's. and if that fat, dirty old man who represents pac ever decides to cash him out, manny will leap into counter after counter all night 'til he's got nothing left. mayweather will end pacquiao as a meaningful fighter if they ever share a ring.

what should a "cheap shot" or two from mayweather matter, anyway? kid can't punch remember?

Comment

one thing we are overlooking in this controversy is how good Floyd actually looked.....

Floyd said he was gonna son Ortiz...and he sonned him.

Comment

• and i can't believe ppl think it was staged.....that punched rocked the **** out of Ortiz.....the fight is on youtube...have a look. The back of his head hit the canvas that's how much of a jolt the punch gave him because he wasn't looking......Cortez clearly sdays "let's go" aswell........WTF was Cortez doing looking away....IT CONFUSED ORTIZ

here, look and listen....the punch killed him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySmvJntVruw

That's what happens when you are limp and don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
                Lmao, this **** was fixed. Garcia stepped up to the ring as soon as Victor got dropped then immediately went back down. Must have missed his cue.
                Team Ortiz were in over their heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  oh, i should rephrase. Mexican-americans.

whenever there is one, you hate. that's what you do.
                  Again is that sarcasm, or do you actually believe that?

Comment

Floyd wasn't that good. When Ortiz would stand still like a tard, he got teed off on.

But for the most part, the amount that Ortiz was able to pressure him. I think Pacquiao could actually beat him.

Much faster, more powerful, more experienced. Pacquiao could actually beat floyd at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                      it's not that cut and dry, sorry dude.......

i am a bit of a conspiracy guy and the lack of professionalism by all parties involved suggests i might have a legitimate critique about this situation in the fight.....

how many title bouts has cortez refereed???

floyd's been in a bunch of title fights, but i will give him the fact that he's an opportunist, hence the way he scored his ko.......

ortiz is a professional who is a guy that has proven that he takes his health more seriously than winning, hence the quitting against maidana, so in his biggest fight of his life, wouldn't it behoove him to protect himself at all times, the very same rule that has been pounded into his head everyday of his life inside the ring and gym!?!? doesn't it seem odd of such a lack of focus, then back to the standard, it is what it is....

but the clincher for me was when ortiz said for no reason, and there was NEVER ANY MENTION PRIOR of joe cortez in his interview, but ortiz says as the very last thing, which stands out like the lone white guy at a black panthers rally, was, ortiz said, " you can't blame the ref "........ why?!?! that was so out of place and NOWHERE NEAR any part of the interview, joe cortez........

doesn't sit right with me, sorry, i didn't believe in saddams weapons of mass destructions neither, or hope and change we can believe in.............. sorry broski, i do my own thing.
                      a conspiracy guy?????? dude. you be a "conspiracy guy" I'm gonna go with the hard evidence right in front of my face.

GOOD DAY SIR.........

Comment

Working...
                      X