The Reason Garcia is Complaining About Mayweather's Elbow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
    http://www.dos.state.ny.us/athletic/

Dude just stop. Don't act like you've never seen a ref warn a fighter for pushing off with you elbows or shoulders, or do you want me to post links of that too?
    Go back and read my responses to you.

I clearly stated that you can't strike with your elbows or forearms. For one, why are you showing me rules of boxing in New York, when all of Floyd's fights take place in Michigan or Nevada?

Secondly, show me in the NSAC boxing rules where it's illegal to hold your elbows up as a blocking mechanism and creating distance?

The only time Mayweather has been warned previously is when he "forwardly pushed" his opponent with his elbows. Standing in a motionless position with your elbows up is not illegal.

This is getting a bit redundant, especially when I have to keep repeating myself.

Comment

Enjoy.

thats alot of elbows

i think floyd uses it to make his opponent think twice about dashing in

coz theyll be hit with his elbow while their dashing in and floyd wont be found guilty of it because its the opponent who moves forward and gets hit

floyds elbow is used as this

this defense is for horses thats dashing in

so if floyds opponents dash in like a horse they get stab by floyds defense which is his elbow LOL

GREAT DEFENSE FLOYD

war floyds elbow tonihgt

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
        New York State Athletic Commission??? you must be a *******.....
        It was an example. I stated that in my post you ****ing reject. Every state has it's own rules.

Been watching this sport long before Pac and May, jackass.

Comment

http://www.dos.state.ny.us/athletic/

Dude just stop. Don't act like you've never seen a ref warn a fighter for pushing off with you elbows or shoulders, or do you want me to post links of that too?
          floyd doesn't push off with his elbows he just creates seperation with it and how many times have you watched a fight and heard refs complaining about elbows?it all depends on how you use it if your stuff your elbow in someones throat you will be warned if you hit someone with your elbows you will be warned if you are pushing someone oiff with your elbows you will be warned pushing someone with your elbows is kinda like hitting some with your elbow but what floyd does is put his arm between himself and his opponent and creates seperation

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
            New York State Athletic Commission??? you must be a *******.....
            Haha you know he's upset that he's getting owned when he resorts to name calling. Here we go lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Go back and read my responses to you.

I clearly stated that you can't strike with your elbows or forearms. For one, why are you showing me rules of boxing in New York, when all of Floyd's fights take place in Michigan or Nevada?

Secondly, show me in the NSAC boxing rules where it's illegal to hold your elbows up as a blocking mechanism and creating distance?

The only time Mayweather has been warned previously is when he "forwardly pushed" his opponent with his elbows. Standing in a motionless position with your elbows up is not illegal.

This is getting a bit redundant, especially when I have to keep repeating myself.
              creating distance, do you mean pushing off? Yes, I showed you where that is considered a foul.

Comment

Enjoy.

In Ellerby voice, "CHECKMATE!"

Comment

creating distance, do you mean pushing off? Yes, I showed you where that is considered a foul.
                  An example of pushing off is in the video you posted. I think it was during the midpoint of the video, you see Mayweather get warned for it. 0:43, that's illegal.

But what's legal is for a fighter to put his elbows up as a protection mechanism, while standing stationary. If a fighter chooses to grab Floyd and Floyd holds his position with his elbows up, there's nothing illegal about that.
                  Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-17-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    An example of pushing off is in the video you posted. I think it was during the midpoint of the video, you see Mayweather get warned for it. 0:43, that's illegal.

But what's legal is for a fighter to put his elbows up as a protection mechanism. If a fighter chooses to grab Floyd and Floyd holds his position with his elbows up, there's nothing illigal about that.
                    I agree with putting your elbow up as a defensive move(also in the video example) is legal, but putting your elbow in someones chest, neck and temple, to create distance is considered a foul, it's considered a strike. It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of Mayweather(reason why I called that other guy a jackass), refs have been calling it a foul long before he was around.

Comment

I agree with putting your elbow up as a defensive move(also in the video example) is legal, but putting your elbow in someones chest, neck and temple, to create distance is considered a foul, it's considered a strike.
                      If Mayweather is standing stationary with his elbows up and out (defensive mechanism and separator) while the other fighter is grabbing and moving forward, there's nothing illegal about that. Regardless if his elbow is in the opponents neck, chess, throat, ect... There's nothing wrong with that.

If Mayweather pushes forward with his forearm or elbow in a striking manner or back hands his opponent after a missed punch, that can be "considered" illegal.

But either way you look at it, the NSAC rule book does not say you can't hold your elbows up in a stationary position.
                      Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-17-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X