No announcement yet.

The Reason Garcia is Complaining About Mayweather's Elbow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    How fanboyishly blind can you be??? Floyd has turned his hips into the direction he swings that elbow countless times. If thats not a strike I dont know what is.
    This dude only see's what he wants to see. He asked for video proof of Floyds actions and and written proof in the rules where an elbow can be considered a foul. I provided both.

That was Nevada's rules. Here we have New York's rules which state, no pressing arms or elbows to the face.

§210.27 Prohibited practices. The following foul, dan- gerous, and unsportsmanlike practices are prohibited in all boxing contests and exhibitions: hitting below the belt; tripping; kicking; butting; kneeing; throttling; el- bowing; striking with the head, shoulder, or forearm; hit- ting with open glove, or the inside, side or wrist of the glove; hitting on the back, especially the kidneys or the back of the neck; pivot blows; pressing an opponent=s face with arm or elbow; attacking while holding the ropes and making use of the ropes in any other unfair way for attack purposes; pressing an opponent=s head over the ropes or against the turnbuckles or ring posts; wrestling, lying on, and throwing while in a clinch; at- tacking in any way a fallen opponent; clinching, holding or locking an opponent=s arms or head; pushing a stiff arm underneath an opponent=s arm; holding and hitting; pulling and hitting; hitting on the break after a clinch; ducking low to up end an incoming opponent; thumbing and gouging of an opponent=s eyes; rubbing an oppo- nent=s face with laces, adhesive tape, or any abrasive area of or substance on the gloves; use of any ointment, powder, or other substance intended or likely to cause danger or discomfort to an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      How fanboyishly blind can you be??? Floyd has turned his hips into the direction he swings that elbow countless times. If thats not a strike I dont know what is.
      LOL so now Floyd "strikes" with his elbows now.

In my OP, I said "If Floyd uses MMA like elbow strikes, that's illegal. But he doesn't. He uses them as a means of separation and a blocking mechanism". This is perfectly legal according to NSAC and other boxing organizations.

Since you seem to be confused with striking with your elbows and using them as a means of separating, I'll post a few videos showing you the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
        This dude only see's what he wants to see. He asked for video proof of Floyds actions and and written proof in the rules where an elbow can be considered a foul. I provided both.

That was Nevada's rules. Here we have New York's rules which state, no pressing arms or elbows to the face.

§210.27 Prohibited practices. The following foul, dan- gerous, and unsportsmanlike practices are prohibited in all boxing contests and exhibitions: hitting below the belt; tripping; kicking; butting; kneeing; throttling; el- bowing; striking with the head, shoulder, or forearm; hit- ting with open glove, or the inside, side or wrist of the glove; hitting on the back, especially the kidneys or the back of the neck; pivot blows; pressing an opponent=s face with arm or elbow; attacking while holding the ropes and making use of the ropes in any other unfair way for attack purposes; pressing an opponent=s head over the ropes or against the turnbuckles or ring posts; wrestling, lying on, and throwing while in a clinch; at- tacking in any way a fallen opponent; clinching, holding or locking an opponent=s arms or head; pushing a stiff arm underneath an opponent=s arm; holding and hitting; pulling and hitting; hitting on the break after a clinch; ducking low to up end an incoming opponent; thumbing and gouging of an opponent=s eyes; rubbing an oppo- nent=s face with laces, adhesive tape, or any abrasive area of or substance on the gloves; use of any ointment, powder, or other substance intended or likely to cause danger or discomfort to an opponent.
        Where's the link??

The only place where what you have in bold is illegal is during the Olympics and Amateurs but not the pros...

Post your link.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
          the elbow is not legal, you're supposed to fight out of a clinch or have the ref separate you.....

mayweather uses the elbow and forearm to the throat constantly, which is totally illegal, and takes away the target area by turing his back or bending too low which leave no legal area to hit, which too is also illegal......

no one is trying to tie up mayweather, they're trying to smother him and get shots off, anytime mayweather can he uses the elbow and forearm on the inside, usually off of his "bump and punch", which is one of the best in the business......

the way he uses his elbow is akin to how you use it in self defense again, certain grabs and holds, it really works for street defense, it's not legal in boxing........

BUT DONT WORRY!!! JOE CORTEZ WILL LET FLOYD USE HIS ELBOWS AND FOREARMS ALL FIGHT LONG.......... MAYWEATHER WILL BE SAFE IN THAT REGARD......
          Show me where that is written??? you can create distance with your forearm it is legal in boxing

what about the past mayweather fights and referees? they were biased?

Comment

LMAO not only that, but the fight is in VEGAS not NEW YORK lol

When has Floyd ever fought in NY?? You're getting funnier by the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Where's the link??

The only place where what you have in bold is illegal is during the Olympics and Amateurs but not the pros...

Post your link.
              http://www.dos.state.ny.us/athletic/

Dude just stop. Don't act like you've never seen a ref warn a fighter for pushing off with you elbows or shoulders, or do you want me to post links of that too?

Comment

LMAO not only that, but the fight is in VEGAS not NEW YORK lol

When has Floyd ever fought in NY?? You're getting funnier by the minute.
                How convenient of you to ignore rules 14 & 18 of my other post. The Vegas rules.

Comment

http://www.dos.state.ny.us/athletic/

Dude just stop. Don't act like you've never seen a ref warn a fighter for pushing off with you elbows or shoulders, or do you want me to post links of that too?
                  New York State Athletic Commission??? you must be a *******.....

Comment

Using your elbow as a joust is not legal. He might not be using it to strike, but he's still using it is as a weapon and space creator. If you leave your glove out as a joust, instead of punching, it's illegal (which is why we've seen unbiased referees, say "You need to use it (referring to the left hand as a joust)).

Ortiz can get around it by shooting the uppercut (the left especially) because those are the punches that Floyd will be open for. Combinations are used to get opponents to react to the punch and give you an opening. If you reacted to blocking the right hook the uppercut has an opening and vice versa. Ortiz' uppercut and hook will land.

Comment

LOL so now Floyd "strikes" with his elbows now.

In my OP, I said "If Floyd uses MMA like elbow strikes, that's illegal. But he doesn't. He uses them as a means of separation and a blocking mechanism". This is perfectly legal according to NSAC and other boxing organizations.

Since you seem to be confused with striking with your elbows and using them as a means of separating, I'll post a few videos showing you the difference.
                      Your argument is about as valid as abner mares concerning the repeated low blows. You can call it whatever you want but at the end of the day if it lands while floyd is simultaneously turning his hips into the direction he is "blocking" its illegal no matter where it lands. But thanks to floyd's butler joe cortez he will land it all night and I dare say more frequently than the right hand and never get warned for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X