No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salgado vs Mendez Early Results From Guadalajara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
    no ones arguing ,don't diss and then call me immature.just like your boxing style hit ,hold and run...lmao,now stfu ,I'm watching Mijares fight.
    Just like I expected no argument that stands on it's feet. All you keep repeating is hold and run and nothing else. I am a real boxing fan and I give credit where it's due. And just so you know I am a fan of lot of Mexican fighters so this is not about race. But what's the point, anyhow.
    Last edited by illpapi; 09-11-2011, 12:18 AM.

Comment

They should go after the rematch right away......outside of Mexico for goodness sake!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
        Not to mention that it was Salgado doing ALL of the clinching in the final three rounds or so.

I personally thought it was a terrible decision. Not on the level of Santa Cruz-Casa or perhaps even Lara-PWill. But I had Argenis winning upwards of eight rounds in the fight. Even with the BS point deduction, I thought he did enough (even on the road) to win with some room to spare.

My two cents.
        That's why boxing is such a disappointment these days!

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
          Just like I expected no argument that stands on it's feet. All you keep repeating is hold and run and nothing else. I am a real boxing fan and I give credit where is due. And just so you know I am a fan of lot of Mexican fighters so this is not about race. But what's the point, anyhow.
          you said you didn't wanna argue lol
          my point is Salgado simply outworked him.true Mendez landed some nice shots but was holding more then hiting.I saw the fight from the begining and salgado started strong.Mendez should've and probably would still knock him out if he fought the way he did against Honorio.why he fought that way is beyond me.I think your useto the american style of judging where if a fight is toe to toe ,they tend to score the rounds split down the middle.thats wrong cause the fighter that's making the fight is being robbed of his efforts every other round.that's not how fights are judged in mexico.
          Last edited by Team Vitaminas; 09-11-2011, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
            Yeah, but when you even have the Mexican commentators saying that they didn't think the fight was called correctly that tells you something. After the 6 round they kept saying that the fight was slipping away from Salgado and then he even gets dropped in the 12th? He was out on his feet. I swear if there was one more round he would have been knocked out!
            thank you ! and Mendez won the championship rounds. and according to that other guys argument "we come to fight" Mendez knocked Salgado down twice ! so in that case who out fought who huh hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
              thank you ! and Mendez won the championship rounds. and according to that other guys argument "we come to fight" Mendez knocked Salgado down twice ! so in that case who out fought who huh hmmmmm
              the other guy says your full of it,Mendez was holding more then anything.
              he should've won no doubt but not fighting that way.he should've boxed not become Ali for eleven rounds and then fight in the last.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
                "winning the championship rounds" that is such an over used statement. All the rounds count equally.

Salgado was counted down once. Just because we may think that it was a KD in the 11th it wasn't ruled that way.

Be honest, your guy got out hustled for many rounds. Close rounds generally go to the home fighter. Mendez fought much of the fight in a way that favored Salgado. That is HIS fault. Laying on the inside and trading when you have little power isn't generally a great strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by truushot View Post
                  "winning the championship rounds" that is such an over used statement. All the rounds count equally.

Salgado was counted down once. Just because we may think that it was a KD in the 11th it wasn't ruled that way.

Be honest, your guy got out hustled for many rounds. Close rounds generally go to the home fighter. Mendez fought much of the fight in a way that favored Salgado. That is HIS fault. Laying on the inside and trading when you have little power isn't generally a great strategy.
                  from the 7th round onwards mendez got all those rounds..i BET YOU the they will make demand rematch

Comment

he should've won no doubt but not fighting that way.he should've boxed not become Ali for eleven rounds and then fight in the last.
                    how was he ali if he stood his ground the whole fight.. salgado was gassed after 6 rounds his punches has no effect whats so ever.. mendez was rocking him at will with cleaner effective punching 7th round on and won the 11th and 12th rounds with a knockdown in the 12th.. there will be a rematch just watch !

Comment

As much as may hate it I have to agree with you on this one. Why Mendez didn't fight an outside fight is beyond me. That stragedy was pretty stupid in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                      X