Comments Thread For: Team Vanes Explain The Situation With Angulo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol nice one dude, pricing yourself out, thats original

Comment

What a p*ssy Vanes is. This was going to be the biggest payday of his career.

With a shot at Canelo on the line for the winner.

Comment

No real surprise, Vanes has been running his mouth about people he isn't willing to fight for years now. Nice to have his own team come out and admit it though.

Comment

I was kind of surprised at this. Not at the fact that Vanes has withdrawn, but at the reason. Never thought there's still someone who in an era like this believes it is a championship belt that matters. Angulo vs Martirosyan is a card that sells itself, with or without a belt on the line. It looks like this is going to be another Gamboa vs JuanMa esque waiting - waiting for maturity till it is overmature...

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
            I'll say one thing before anything else: I was never in favor of this fight as an eliminator! The fact is Vanes just fought somebody else (Roman) as an eliminator; and to have to do it again makes no sense... I would love this fight for the actual title. The problem is that these phucken scum at the WBC let Saul fight for the title a year early and now want to protect him (but we all knew that, didn't we?).
            Vanes fought a SEMI FINAL Eliminator meaning he still had a REAL tittle elinator to go. Angulo won a real tittle eliminator over a year ago and atill hasnt gotten a shot....u dont see him complaining.

Comment

I will never take Vanes seriously again. He made a career of calling out people and he ducks out like this on the biggest fight of his career because there is no alphabet belt? Really?

Comment

We all would have killed to see this fight, which is why were letting our emotions take over our logic. Everyone here knows that it's not FAIR for Angulo - Martirosyan to be an ELIMINATOR fight when Ginger boy won a title fighting HATTON and is now defending it against GOMEZ??? When K9 doesn't deserve a title and has not even defended it against anyone. Or when Dzindrik just sits on his title and rejects a fight with Vanes when Vanes is ranked #1 in the WBO. Angulo has been in the top of the division for years and deserved a title fight years ago. And its fair to have these two fight each other off? Golden Boy bought the contract from Shaw only to attempt to protect Alavarez from Martirosyan by throwing him in against Angulo, without giving a **** about Angulo as their sole interest is to protect their cash cow. You guys actually think if Angulo won Vanes they would put Angulo in with Canelo? Hell no, kids 21 years old and their not going to risk ruining him when he's making them a **** load of money by putting him against Angulo. Both Vanes and Angulo have paid there dues, especially Angulo. Anyone here put in Vanes' manager's shoes would have made the same decision, your not going to build your whole ****ing career and ruin it all with an unlogical decision and agree to bull **** terms and let Emotion take over Logic. Only reason Angulo management wants the fight because they ALSO MANAGE CANELO! Or else Shaw would not have said I'm not stupid to feed Angulo off to Vanes as an eliminator. But ofcourse Golden Boy wouldn't mind because a win agaisnt vanes means they could continue to protect Canelo. To fight in Mexico with minimal Armenian fans with De La Hoya's hand picked judges would be ridiculous, the least they could do is offer good money and their not even doing that. Why do you think Golden boy didn't DISCLOSE the amount? Think about it.

This is someone simply standing up to the corrupt WBC and golden boy and saying F*** YOU, we have earned our title shot and so has Angulo, and were not going to take this bull **** and have one of the two most creditable contenders fight each other off while Ginger defends against welterweights and wins a title fight against who?? Exactly.

Golden Boy planned all along to protect Alvarez which is

Comment

Another Timothy Bradley duck move, if you know you aren't going to fight do not call out another fighter period!!! All this excuses are just excuses, they knew all of this before they started talking trash to angulo.

Comment

Working...
                  X