No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Vitali Klitschko 242, Tomasz Adamek 216

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IIocano View Post
    2million on adamek for your 12 million on klitchko..
    done deal ................

Comment

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post
      done deal ................
      copy dat..

Comment

A 40 year old Heavyweight showing up at his lightest weight in 13 years for a fight in which he is a 6-1 favorite.... impressive to say the least.

Those who do not like the Klitschkos love to point to their size and the weakness of the division as the driving factors for their success.

Vitali coming in at 242 is yet another example of what truly makes these guys unique. Their determination and discipline to engage in the hard work leading up to a fight that so many fighters neglect.

Never once, not a single time, has a Klitschko brother showed up to the ring even 5 pounds over a normal weight. Not against even the weakest of challengers. Preparation and physical conditioning is something that fight fans assume every fighter does to nearly the same level. That's where they are wrong.

Nobody in boxing takes care of themselves (well maybe Mayweather and Pac) physically
        as well as the Klitschkos do so it's no surprise that the 4 guys named in this sentence are the most dominant fighters in the sport today.

Comment

Alot of ppl are over looking Adamek but this fight resembles alot Lewis vs Maciano... I mean even the fact the both Marciano and Adamek where the smaller men an alot ppl thought their resume wasn't good enough to win...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Vitali is in great shape. He has probably cut down some weight in order to match Adamek's speed. We will find how it works out for him.
            Yeah that is what i was thinking too. In the video below i'm also wondering if he is going to focus on sitting down on his punches a bit more instead of throwing mostly arm punches. After the Briggs fight he talked about wanting to change that.

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
              Vitali looks more ripped than Adamek. Shows how hard him and his brother really train, even at 40 he got the six pac showing.

He looks in great shape, and in my mind is the better of the two brothers, no matter what he says.

I really admire Adamek though. There is no fear in his eyes at all. Hope he can put on a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                A 40 year old Heavyweight showing up at his lightest weight in 13 years for a fight in which he is a 6-1 favorite.... impressive to say the least.

Those who do not like the Klitschkos love to point to their size and the weakness of the division as the driving factors for their success.

Vitali coming in at 242 is yet another example of what truly makes these guys unique. Their determination and discipline to engage in the hard work leading up to a fight that so many fighters neglect.

Never once, not a single time, has a Klitschko brother showed up to the ring even 5 pounds over a normal weight. Not against even the weakest of challengers. Preparation and physical conditioning is something that fight fans assume every fighter does to nearly the same level. That's where they are wrong.

Nobody in boxing takes care of themselves (well maybe Mayweather and Pac) physically
                as well as the Klitschkos do so it's no surprise that the 4 guys named in this sentence are the most dominant fighters in the sport today.

No, just the HW's of today. Most HW's in the 60's, 70's and 80's showed up in excellent condition.

Comment

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7174802AAqB1N9

i cant read a lot of the comments under the pictures. . . im sure everyone has an opinion on what life was like in USSR - but like everywhere, happiness doesn't = money and material items. this guy says life in the 50's and 60's wasn't like the imagery people have of the 1930's; he says it was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by mannypr201 View Post
                    Alot of ppl are over looking Adamek but this fight resembles alot Lewis vs Maciano... I mean even the fact the both Marciano and Adamek where the smaller men an alot ppl thought their resume wasn't good enough to win...
                    but marciano had bricks for fists. . . adamek doesn't. adamek is more skilled technically, but so is vitali.

Comment

• Adamek is not afraid. That is what I like about him. He knows Vitali has great size and strength advantages, but he trusts his own skills and toughness. I expect him to give a good account of himself. I personally think he will win a victory of sorts if he doesn't get knocked out. Vitali's fans go overboard in praise of his greatness, I think, similar to how Mayweather's fans go overboard.

I think Adamek is clearly quicker and more coordinated, but Vitali is in supreme condition and that does go a long way.

Comment

Working...
                      X