No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume: Lucian Bute or Andre Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    But, with that fact aside other than that 1 fight in which he avenged he hasn't struggled with his weak competition.

Unlike Berto has has struggled to an extent with almost every decent fighter he has fought.

Both of their wins are decent at best.

One struggled, the other didn't.
    IMO Bute hasn't faced anyone as good as Collazo, or Quintanapfp to date. If he beat Johnson, he'll pull ahead. Bute really hasn't fought any decent fighters though. Well Zunega was ok, I guess.

Comment

Hmm tough one for now im slightly favouring berto but after the bute v johnson fight it will be bute.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        IMO Bute hasn't faced anyone as good as Collazo, or Quintanapfp to date. If he beat Johnson, he'll pull ahead. Bute really hasn't fought any decent fighters though. Well Zunega was ok, I guess.
        Dude, Quintana was way past it when Berto beat him. Miranda's as good a win for Bute as Quintana was for Berto.

Comment

Listen chump, he was out. he may have gotten up at nine, the fight was
          over
          . Taylor beat the count against Chavez too. There are many fighters many that have stood up before 10 & had the fight stopped. Your not as smart as you'd like to believe. Just like U to bring up the Punisher when ur point is stupid.
          WTF so what? If they're up before the count hits 10, it's up to the ref if they want to stop it or no right?

How can you talk about people not being smart when you're not smart enough to understand the rules.

You act like every fight is the same, every ref is the same, just cuz' one fight was stop cuz' one particular thing that other fights should be stop for the same.

I brought up P-Will cuz' it seems like you're still hurt from that convo.

Comment

I don't think Berto beat Collazo though. Neither do most people.

The Quintana win is really not that good.

1. Because Quintana was faded

And 2. Because he didn't look good at all up to the stoppage.

I consider Sakio Bika to be a better win than the Quintana win.

And Edison Miranda even.

Both have weak wins at the end of the day.

But Like I have said over and over, Berto has struggled with his weak comp unlike Bute he generally hasn't.

Comment

The Bika win is better than any win Berto has.

The Alejandro Berrio win, which a lot of people don't mention. Is just as good as any win Berto has.

And, the fact like Iron says that the manner in which Bute has won his fights. Clearly gives Bute the edge in terms of resume.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                WTF so what? If they're up before the count hits 10, it's up to the ref if they want to stop it or no right?

How can you talk about people not being smart when you're not smart enough to understand the rules.

You act like every fight is the same, every ref is the same, just cuz' one fight was stop cuz' one particular thing that other fights should be stop for the same.

I brought up P-Will cuz' it seems like you're still hurt from that convo.
                Yeah, like Bute simply stood up & that was it. But please feel free to quote where anyone said refs were all the same. I'm not butthurt about the Punisher convao at all. You didn't win that.

But on the subject, Bute did not simply just stand up. The ref went out of his way to make sure Bute won. If that was as simple as just standing up, there wouldn't have been any controversy. Andrade would have had to sit on the ring post to get any further in the neutral corner. The ref actually stopped the count to chastize a phantom call. The count never stops. You continue to count even if you correct the opponent he didn't. I'd bring up **** to trying to stear away from the point to though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I don't think Berto beat Collazo though. Neither do most people.

The Quintana win is really not that good.

1. Because Quintana was faded

And 2. Because he didn't look good at all up to the stoppage.

I consider Sakio Bika to be a better win than the Quintana win.

And Edison Miranda even.

Both have weak wins at the end of the day.

But Like I have said over and over, Berto has struggled with his weak comp unlike Bute he generally hasn't.
                  I don't think Berto beat Collazo either, but on his resume, it goes down as a w, regardless. Miranda had been ko'd even more times than Quintana I believe. But you have your op & I have mine.

Comment

Yeah, like Bute simply stood up & that was it. But please feel free to quote where anyone said refs were all the same. I'm not butthurt about the Punisher convao at all. You didn't win that.

But on the subject, Bute did not simply just stand up. The ref went out of his way to make sure Bute won. If that was as simple as just standing up, there wouldn't have been any controversy. Andrade would have had to sit on the ring post to get any further in the neutral corner. The ref actually stopped the count to chastize a phantom call. The count never stops. You continue to count even if you correct the opponent he didn't. I'd bring up **** to trying to stear away from the point to though.
                    He was up by the count of 9 was he not, look at it, don't stop the count, and see what count you have by the time he was up from the canvas. After you do that, then is it up to the ref to stop the fight or not?

Yea you right. Because, there was no questions about P-Will at all

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      He was up by the count of 9 was he not, look at it, don't stop the count, and see what count you have by the time he was up from the canvas. After you do that, then is it up to the ref to stop the fight or not?
                      I never said he wasn't. You said that he was up, I said that doesn't mean he wasn't ko'd. Many fighters have beaten the count & had the fight stopped. He was done. The ref went out of his way to make sure Bute won, period. Matter of fact, what's his face that Berto ko'd before losing to Ortiz beat the count & they stopped the fight & he wasn't even hurt half as bad as Bute was.

Comment

Working...
                      X