Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since Mayweathers returned, no one gives a fluke anout the Pacqiauo fight at all.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    First off I never knocked Pac's resume to begin with.

You posted rankings from 2007 and I showed you that just because they're #1 and #2, that doesn't mean people are debating who's the better fighter.

Secondly I'm saying they (writers/public) vote for who's #1 P4P. If Mayweather got 3,000 votes and Pac got 2 votes, show me how that's a close call? Then they do the same for who should come in 2nd place on down the line.

Lastly, I'm not defending anyone. I was just responding to your 2007 rankings post.
    And none of what you said is relevant to anything he posted (rankings).

Comment

not true. im not that excited about either fight but im looking forward to the marquez fight more. reason being is that the only real challenges to mayweather are pac and martinez, and id expect mayweather to beat both of them. only complacency can beat mayweather in the ortiz fight.

people say the weight is killing the pac vs marquez fight which is true to an extent, but people are only saying that because of how marquez fight went with mayweather. so they automatically assume marquez cant fight at welterweight. lets not forget he was fighting mayweather!!!!! a guy that is not only technically gifted, but also physically much bigger than marquez.

Id still expect pac to beat marquez at welter, but i doubt it will be a shutout. there isnt a massive physical advantage this time for marquez to overcome. i reckon it will be more competitive than may vs ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        First off I never knocked Pac's resume to begin with.

You posted rankings from 2007 and I showed you that just because they're #1 and #2, that doesn't mean people are debating who's the better fighter.

Secondly I'm saying they (writers/public) vote for who's #1 P4P. If Mayweather got 3,000 votes and Pac got 2 votes, show me how that's a close call? Then they do the same for who should come in 2nd place on down the line.

Lastly, I'm not defending anyone. I was just responding to your 2007 rankings post.

man, you're an idiot...first you veered away from the topic at hand and second, your assumption is not even close to reality. if we go by the boxing writers' votes, it's very clear pac got more than floyd since they voted him fighter of the decade. and pac has also more bwaa fighter of the year citations than floyd.

Comment

the mayweather/ortiz fight will make the pacquiao/marquez 3 even bigger. it will serve as appetizer leading to the main course. the trilogy will have a festive and celebratory mood and will become one of the biggest fights in boxing history.

Comment

TS

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              not true. im not that excited about either fight but im looking forward to the marquez fight more. reason being is that the only real challenges to mayweather are pac and martinez, and id expect mayweather to beat both of them. only complacency can beat mayweather in the ortiz fight.

people say the weight is killing the pac vs marquez fight which is true to an extent, but people are only saying that because of how marquez fight went with mayweather. so they automatically assume marquez cant fight at welterweight. lets not forget he was fighting mayweather!!!!! a guy that is not only technically gifted, but also physically much bigger than marquez.

Id still expect pac to beat marquez at welter, but i doubt it will be a shutout. there isnt a massive physical advantage this time for marquez to overcome. i reckon it will be more competitive than may vs ortiz.
              Marquez looked bad against Mayweather not just because of the catchweight that Marquez has to top but Floyd didnt even made weight. Pac JMM 3 may have been taken to welter but the weight will not be a big difference even on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                Mayweathers return is proving the fact that Pacquiao does not matter in boxing. No one is even talking about the Pacquiao fight at all. If Mayweather had never retired I feel Pacquiao would not be rated at all on the P4P LIST. The top dog is Mayweather, the man to beat is Mayweather, the best in the buisness of boxing,in the world, on planet earth is Nno other than MONEY MAYWEATHER. I can't wait to hear all the excuses from the Pacquiao camp once ortiz is defeated and the attention turns back on Pacquiao facing p4p great MONEY MAYWEATHER. The heat will be on, and Pacquaio will be forced into taking the test or retire to the hall of shame. The world will see what a little chaeting punk Pacquiao really is. I hope and pray he beats Marquez so Mayweather can punish him, for 10 rounds before getting the TKO win after his freddie roach tosses in the towel to save him from that masterful body punching that Mayweather is going to put on him. Also look for Ortiz to suffer from Mastterful body punching aswell.
                Ohh just FYI: Manny Pacquiao tickets are SOLD OUT! The time they release the tickets to the public. While Mayweather jr. can't sell ticket until now its still for sale. lol

Comment

Originally posted by PacquiaoATG View Post
                  Ohh just FYI: Manny Pacquiao tickets are SOLD OUT! The time they release the tickets to the public. While Mayweather jr. can't sell ticket until now its still for sale. lol
                  hahahahahah

manny - 1

*****s - 0

just goes to show you what the public really wants !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
                    hahahahahah

manny - 1

*****s - 0

just goes to show you what the public really wants !!!!
                    Floyds fight was next week while Pacquiao is 2 months away but still Pacquiao's tickets are All SOLD OUT! and the Mayweather tickets are still for sale. I just check the ticketmaster and ticket store...

Comment

Funny that the Pacquiao fight is over 2 months away and getting as much or more coverage than a Mayweather fight that's a week away. Pacquiao-Marquez III has already sold out all tickets and they were on sale AFTER Mayweather-Ortiz tickets, which haven't been sold out yet:

Ticket Sales (Mayweather-Ortiz rows and rows of seats unsold)

Even the head of the NSAC knows this fight is a dud:

Keith Kizer: Mayweather-Ortiz lacks buzz

Comment

Working...
                      X