Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can David Haye find redemption and earn the fans respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haye would earn my respect by fighting Vitali.

He called him out before but as soon as he lost to Wladimir, he decided he had "no beef" with Vitali.

If he can't do that, at least making a return against anyone whos not shot, fat, ***** or a combination of them all will earn him a bit of respect from me.
    Last edited by Pugilistic™; 09-06-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
      It is obvious that Haye had no intention of taking on tough heavyweight fights in the build up to taking on Klitschko. Where does he go now? I just don't see him taking on rough fights unless it is for a retirement payday against the brother and then he will be made to look silly again..
      He already has a retirement payday. He will sit it out in the sun in Cyprus and get fat.

Comment

Probably not.

I knew David Haye had next to no chance of beating Wlad. But the way he fought and his excuses were just inexcusable.

Comment

He already redeemed himself, didn't you see his brilliant performance the other night on Red or Black?

Comment

hes a two division titlist, he doesnt need to prove anything. that said i would love to see him fight povetkin, vitali or thompson after he stretches fat eddie. dont think he will though and thats fine, he will go down in history as one of the premier CWs ever who also won a paper title at HW.

he can beat both klitschkos but he needs to improve alot first, he has the talent but i dont think he wants to keep training and fighting fights for less money to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              he can beat both klitschkos but he needs to improve alot first, he has the talent but i dont think he wants to keep training and fighting fights for less money to get there.
              Yeah he can beat both Klitschkos alright. At trashtalking...

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
                He already redeemed himself, didn't you see his brilliant performance the other night on Red or Black?
                I was just gonna say that haha

It just proves if the klitschkos werent too big and were the same size as Amir Khan he would have beaten them and become undisputed, err, heavyweight champ

Comment

He might be back, but honestly he doesn't have what it takes to beat great heavyweights. Throwing 5 punches a round doesn't win fights against people like Povetkin who will throw 30. He was really lucky to even beat Valuev.

I see him losing a UD to Chambers and Povetkin and if he gets in there with Arreola who will attack the entire time, he'll either get knocked out or lose another decision because he'll be in retreat mode.

He should have stayed at Cruiser where his output was way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
                    As a British fight fan, and ex boxer myself, I supported David Haye tooth and nail throughout his HW campaign, and indeed was expressively vocal about my confidence in him beating WK in their much anticipated clash back in July.

Therefore after the fight I was feeling a mixture of fury towards his lack of effort. I felt he cheated and mocked me and of course i felt great embarrassment for the things I’d said leading up to the fight (none more so than comments on this very forum).

I took this on the chin, and apologised (particularly to wladisthechamp), licked my wounds and moved on.

However, i am a sucker for a happy ending.

The ONLY thing David can do to save his reputation is to continue fighting, and winning and winning WELL. Keeping his mouth shut and letting his fists talk for him.

I personally would be prepared to forgive and forget July’s abomination were he to lace them up again and challenge Povetkin, or take a fight with VK (who I believe would happily offer the fight). Even a good domestic battle with David Price, or Tyson Fury would generate huge interest on our shores

Forget ‘slave contracts’, forget money – he’s got enough already – all those £15.00 PPV costs us Brit’s spent, he’s set up for life now.

David, for YOUR own sake, come back and fight. Strive to be remembered as a man with courage who was prepared to go into the trenches, show your metal. Show us you are a LION, an Englishman with guts.

If he slips away now under the radar i will be exceptionally disappointed.
                    I had to laugh at the bolded sentence - this is Gayevid we are talking about, if you haven't figured him out by now, you never will. He showed you all his true colors in the lead up to the Wlad fight, during the fight, and after the fight - it's yellow with a streak of brown (also red once a month).

If he was really into fighting and not ripping all you gullible Brits off for his 3D "battles" (gangrape according to him) against Fraudley, he would have fought Wlad back in July 2009.

But, having said that, he had heart in the CW, and great speed and power, plus a 2 division champ. He had a good career, he just ruined any good will he had from his former fans by his big mouth and crappy performances at HW plus his behavior in the Wlad fight. His only hope of not staying a joke for the rest of time, is to come back and fight Vitaly, of course we all know that Gayevid "has no beef with Vitaly". LOL

Comment

I fear David Haye will be forgotten like Victor Ortiz (remember him? He lost to Maidana)..what the hell happened Victor anyway?

Comment

Working...
                      X