Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Peterson a Possibility For December 10th Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mayweather-Khan is a serious option next year, fighting Lamont Peterson is a fight he must take before then. Peterson is the only guy at 140 or 147 with the type of all around skills Floyd has, though obviously not as good a fighter.

Comment

Peterson is decent and will go late into the bout but what sticks in my mmind is Ortiz had him dwn twice early and didn't finish him...Khan will...

Comment

I think this is a good fight for Khan.

Peterson is a good solid boxer, certainly underrated overall.

Khan would likely beat him but i would see Peterson causing him some problems.

Comment

Where is romebyko?

Let's see if he sticks to his guns...

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          If Mayweather-Khan is a serious option next year, fighting Lamont Peterson is a fight he must take before then. Peterson is the only guy at 140 or 147 with the type of all around skills Floyd has, though obviously not as good a fighter.
          Agreed, can't think of a better boxer at 140 than Peterson (apart from maybe Bradley, but hes err otherwise occupied) he could face before going to Floyd
          Last edited by ts33; 09-06-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
            "In a position to pick and choose"

Khan has believed this his entire career. He cherry picked his way to a world title for god sake, its hard to respect a guy like this, regardless of his skills in the ring. Khan (and his team) genuinely think they are in the same class as Mayweather and Pac
            You're the idiot that thought Zab would murder Khan.

I get yr anger since Khan has humiliated you over and over.

Khan has the best resume at 140 period. It's the reason he is number 1 140 according to ring.

Comment

I'd rather him fight Peterson than Morales anyway.

Peterson or Matthysse, either one is fine.

Comment

Peterson is an OK fight. With Bradley out of the picture he is one of the better options. I see Khan winning this without too much difficulty.

Comment

Peterson or Matthyse. Both good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
                    Yh you fight Peterson you fraud A mere con! Matthysse will destroy Morales, fight him after or how about Prescott when he K.O's McCloskey?
                    I have no respect for this cherry picker.
                    Peterson is a better fighter/fight. Then Matts and Prescott,props to Khaan if this fight comes off...

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      He has the best resume at 140...period. So I don't know how you can criticise him of being a cherry picker, it is ridiculous.

Khan himself has always stated he will fight the matthysse-morales winner, or Peterson. Quite frankly those are the best 2 options, obviously he would rather it be Morales who is a huge name in the sport and probably a less risky fight, but I am sure he will fight any of those guys.
                      I don't know about Khan having the best resume at 140lb,but I don't think he is cherry picking at all..

Comment

Working...
                      X