Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice headbutt Berto! - proof inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well atleast we all agree the headbutting happened, as to how much damage it did. i think enough, and that was the main reason for stoppage. remember those rounds were supposed to be berto's anyway, not that hard to look impresive. berto is a 6 round fighter.
    the happenings could have gone either way after that.

Comment

The headbutts clearly opened one of the cuts up much more, and possibly was the reason another cut opened up.

Comment

How can berto be a slick african?

Comment

The HBO crew making me sick, Berto was on his way to losing a UD or possibly getting TKO'd if he wasn't for that huge deformed forehead of his.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            The HBO crew making me sick, Berto was on his way to losing a UD or possibly getting TKO'd if he wasn't for that huge deformed forehead of his.
            Even though Ortiz landed hard shots on Berto for 12 rounds and he was there till the end this guy who isn't known as a puncher was going to stop him
            Really.?

Go watch Wolak last fight with his swole eye and stop already Zavek showed his merit and that he's a solid contender

Comment

Originally posted by Boomy View Post

Berto stops Jan Zaveck with headbutt.

Was he afraid of fair battle? HBO blinked and didn't see it?
              look at the first angle CLOSELY of this so called "head butt that swelled or splattered zavecks eye"

if you look close you'll see that it didn't even land on zavecks eye.

in fact if you look VERY closely at the first angle you can see that bertos glove gets in the way. bertos glove barely touches zavecks neck..........

what a bunch of morons.......in realty zavecks eyes took a beating from sharp accurate power shots........which left him with a creamy euro bum pizza face.
              Last edited by americanbot; 09-04-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                Even though Ortiz landed hard shots on Berto for 12 rounds and he was there till the end this guy who isn't known as a puncher was going to stop him
                Really.?

Go watch Wolak last fight with his swole eye and stop already Zavek showed his merit and that he's a solid contender
                Berto was exhausted more than usual (maybe cause he used up all his energy in the early rounds), not saying Zaveck was going to brutalize him and stop him type of TKO. Berto looked so gone already by the early rounds I could see Zaveck pouring on shots and the ref stopping it to save the exhausted Berto, kind of like Calzaghe used to get his TKO's. The Ortiz fight looked different because Berto never fought so aggressively besides the 6th, he was in survival mode after the 6th round and never used up a lot of energy throughout the fight like he did in the early rounds against Zaveck. Just a possibility, of course another possibility could have been Berto laying him out.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Berto was exhausted more than usual (maybe cause he used up all his energy in the early rounds), not saying Zaveck was going to brutalize him and stop him type of TKO. Berto looked so gone already by the early rounds I could see Zaveck pouring on shots and the ref stopping it to save the exhausted Berto, kind of like Calzaghe used to get his TKO's. The Ortiz fight looked different because Berto never fought so aggressively besides the 6th, he was in survival mode after the 6th round and never used up a lot of energy throughout the fight like he did in the early rounds against Zaveck. Just a possibility, of course another possibility could have been Berto laying him out.
                  no he wasn't.........he always looks sluggish mid to late rounds....in fact zaveck was slowing down & losing confidence. berto fought ortiz SLUGGISH for 12 rounds....what makes you think a lesser puncher in zaveck was gonna ko him if ortiz didn't? hell zaveck didn't have enough power to so much as knock berto DOWN.

THIS FORUM IS FILLED WITH LOONS.............

Comment

What makes people think Zavecks face lasts until Berto was gassed completely?

Comment

What a letdown last night's fight turned out to be. I was genuinely excited about this fight because I knew Zaveck was a live underdog and the potential was there for the upset....

The fight itself was as I thought it would be. Berto looked incredibly sharp early on throwing some fast hard punches that had some heat on them. Zaveck to his credit used his 'gloves up crouching defense' to weather a lot of Berto's flurries and power punches. Zaveck starting mounting his own offense counter punching Berto and working inside effectively. In other words, this was close competitive fast paced exciting fight.

Well that all ended after round 5. Whether it was from a punch or headbutt (I haven't rewatched the fight yet), Zaveck's eye was in pretty bad shape - which sets up my point.

Why the ****k did Zaveck's corner pull the plug on the fight so quickly? I mean, there was so much on the line with this fight. Not only was Zaveck putting his IBF title on the line, he was also fighting for future mega fights with the other stars of the ww division....

At least give the guy another round to see if he can fight through the adversity and continue the onslaught on Berto. In my mind, round 6 could've went either of two ways: Zaveck would have taken punishment from Berto leading to a KO or TKO or Zaveck would have continued where he left off keeping the fight competitive and up for grabs...

IMO this was a bad stoppage, a premature stoppage that robbed Zaveck of the chance to possibly upset Berto...

Comment

Working...
                      X