Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all of you who think Floyd is scared of Pac.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
    If you think he is scared. If the fight gets signed will you STILL think he is scared. and if so why?
    I think he is scared and that would make taking the fight a bigger accomplishment for Floyd. He will be scared until he gets in the ring and confronts his fear face to face. There's no other way. Signing the fight doesn't change that, getting in the ring does.

Many intimidating fighters like Tyson or Foreman have admitted to fear, vomiting, crying, fainting, etc before their fights. It's no big deal, they are human.

Comment

Puga

I do agree what I see out there is that people think he is scared and honestly I can see why and if he doesn't fight pac because we all know that he could have the fight when he wants it will stay with his legacy

But if he does win or lose you really can't continue to say he is scared

Comment

lou

I agree if he came out and said he was scared and was taking the fight anyway would def turn some heads

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
          lol....you do realize this was not the first time that someone has asked for Random testing right?
          name one. i'm willing to be proven wrong. about time that you people put this tyson-requested-testing to rest. it's apples and bananas. tyson requested the commission to test holyfield. holyfield agreed. the commission performed several urine tests. that was that. tyson fought him.

pac agreed to unlimited urine tests and three blood tests plus one immediately after the fight which were way way above and beyond current testing rules. in the end pac is now curious about floyd not fighting him. is it because of the testing issues or it's plain fear? so now he has agreed to be tested even after every rounds.

why would you even defend pu55iness if you are a real boxing fan?

Last edited by tomhawq; 09-04-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Medved is the biggest ******* on boxingscene. that is apparent

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
              That comment Mayweather makes about Pacquiao saying ffighters don't become great at 25 is one of the most ignorant comments I've heard, he doesn't help his case at all by saying that. If he said he just wants to keep the sport clean people will still question him but when he says that it's just ridiculous. Pacquiao didn't have a proper amateur background and developed as a professional under Roach, he was a champion before 25 and by the time he reached 30 he has been at his peak.

Mayweather isn't scared but he feels threatened by Pacquiao. If they fight Pacquiao is likely to win.
              MAN I swear you guys do not understand simple **** at all do you?? Its called generalizations...

gen·er·al·izeVerb/ˈjenərəˌlīz/
              1. Infer general principles from: "it is tempting to generalize from these conclusions".
              2. Make general or broad statements: "it is not easy to generalize about the poor"

This is what generalizing consists of son.

mayweather is not saying its not possible, but when you factor in probablity, its rare that a fighter becomes a recognized great prize fighter much later in their career!!! Pacquiao has gotten much stronger and some say he has not lost his speed. If you put on 25 pounds right now do you think you will still have your speed? This isnt being a mechanic, this is boxing, getting hit and hitting. Why do you think that the best fighters in boxing had great olympic and amateur careers. Noticed I added both.

In boxing if you start with bad habits you end with them. (NOW OF COURSE THIS IS GENERALIZATION) But what I am implying is that in general if a boxer has bad habits they dont correct them overnight. All this **** about roach teaching him how to throw a certain punch over the course of years in pure bull****.

I dont expect to see a very good jab fro ortiz now, because hes never exhibited this prior, just as mayweather called it on SHANE. ITS A PITTY PAT JAB. When you get hit everything goes out the window and you go for what you know. Does this happen 100% of the time?? Nope, but its very rare that a boxer that doesnt have composure gets hit hard multiple times and keeps his composure.
              People call berto a bum, but the same people will get their asses whooped by berto, and 70% of the boxers in the welterweight division cannot beat berto. Thats plain and simple.

This Berto being a bum is also a generalization, but i understand why its stated and whats being implied. Berto doesnt fight high caliber opposition.

So what he is saying is not literally true, but if you dont have an ingrained hatred for him, you will understand what he is saying. Notice I am not saying a fighter cant get better. We are talking about leaps and bounds this is what pac is doing.

If I was to go back in the past 10 years ago and state this guy (MANNY PACQUIAO) would be knocking out welterweights you would be like what?? What the hell are you smoking?? If I went back x8 years ago, and stated this guy would be knocking out welterweight champs, you would be like what the hell?

If I went back 8 years ago and stated pacquiao would be knocking mosley on his ass in about x8 years I would be laughed out of a forum such as this. You can say its rice or whatever, the truth is usually easily understood.

Add in he doesnt want to take "FULL" random testing and there ya go.

It looks as if hes on peds, and thats a logical conclusion.
              If someone stole out of my house even if I simply misplaced my watch, and I accused someone in my house of stealing my rolex watch, and you didnt want to show the contents of your pockets, you would seem suspect.

Its simple, now this doesnt mean pac is on something, but **** it looks fishy!!! He would be drained (heavy training) with 14 day testing, and now he wants x7 day testing, come on man that doesnt seem weird to you???? Will his training regiment not be "heavy training" all of a sudden??

So while you can find some boxers that got better in their technique, its rare that you find them getting better all the way around, increased stamina, strength, speed, punch resistance etc. This is what FLOYD IS TALKING ABOUT.

Floyd knows more about boxing than you and I, Just as I know my profession better than he does. I am sure you know yoru profession better than Floyd as well, unless you are a boxer. You are not even an amateur trying to tell him about his profession.

So come one man, stop trying to look at everything as if its 100% accurate.

COWS SAY MOO. But I am pretty sure that some cows may have something wrong with them where they cannot make that sound. But do we now say cows dont say moo because there is a very small minority that dont??

This is easily understood. imagine a world where generalizing is nonexistant.

Its a way to explain something without being politically correct or being too precise.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                name one. i'm willing to be proven wrong. about time that you people put this tyson-requested-testing to rest. it's apples and bananas. tyson requested the commission to test holyfield. holyfield agreed. the commission performed several urine tests. that is that. tyson fought him.

pac agreed to unlimited urine tests and three blood tests plus one immediately after the fight which were way way above and beyond current testing rules. in the end pac is now curious about floyd not fighting him. is it because of the testing issues or it's plain fear? so now he has agreed to be tested even after every rounds.

why would you even defend pu55iness if you are a real boxing fan?

When has he agreed after every round?? knowing dam well that is not logical and if it were to happen would prove he has a fear of floyd seeing he stated that testing close to a fight makes him "WEAK"

Has he now all of a sudden overcome his weakness of being tested close to fight night??

What did he do to overcome that PACFAN?? What did he do to overcome that fear of being too weak to fight Floyd with testing close to fight night???

Manny pacquiao states he is ready and willing in the phillipines, and Floyd states it at a press conference where everyone hears it and plays it over and over again.

emphatically he stated "MANNY PACQUIAO, YES YOU ARE NEXT!!!"

Not in some 3rd world country in a rarely seen interview. Hell its obvious Pac doesnt understand the term random or how to count to x14, go look at the brian kenny interview, that ends all this nonsense you speak of.

PAC; " I cant test too close to the fight"

BRIAN KENNY :" WHAT ABOUT X14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIGHT FLOYD IS ASKING FOR X14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIGHT"

PAC: Well I will be in heavy training.....

This is out of pacs own mouth, so I guess in light of what you are saying PAC will no longer be in heavy training when he fights since now he is ready to fight and get tested after every round.... LOL

Even after mediation telling you Pacs camp didnt want the x14 day consensus made by Floyd, and even though Arum tried to lie and state they offered x14 days.

Comment

like i've repeatedly said guys. it's best to move on and not talk about this fight till floyd finds the courage to initiate negotiations. fights begin on the negotiating table and end in the ring. no point in blaming this and that person. right now the world sees floyd as the person who is holding up the fight. that's reality no matter what you and i think in this forum.

all these back and forth debates have been rehashed millions of times already. ask yourselves if you have won one single person on your side arguing the same arguments.

i for one can give you what you want in this debate -- pac is to blame. he still doesn't want to take the test. you can have that if that really makes you guys happy. but i doubt the rest of the world would agree with you. you don't have to take my word for it. you can simply go out there and ask random people on any street and find out for yourselves.

it's best to move on. it's like the more you chase a girl the more she ignores you. stop chasing her and she begins to notice you. that applies to floyd. floyd was not even expected to fight ortiz. he realized that his one-fight-a-year stand is up and the year is ending. he had to do something. it's the same thing with the pac fight.

Comment

Well if Floyd dont fight Pac just because he dont take OSDT it must mean hes scared. In an ideal world Pac would take the tests, but we dont live in an ideal world. Floyd obviously dont want the fight enough.

Because no one has to take OSDT, and FLoyd shouldnt assume everyone should take them. No one ever took them before that fought Floyd and he didnt ask for them also. So the bottom line it is down to FLoyd and its in his court.

Comment

Floyd on Cotto, Margarito and Pacquiao, "easy money, easy work".

Yet, for one reason or another,

he avoided them all.

Hes scared.

Comment

Working...
                      X