Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum the true reason why Floyd and Pacman haven't fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Pac gets paid off the PPV. Pac gurantee is what the projected minimum buys are for the PPV. So is the PPV is less than the minimum projected buys where the PPV didn't make the guarantee money. Then that's when the promoted comes out of pocket.

But, most of the time the PPV goes(esp Pac and Floyd) the PPV goes beyond the minimum projected buys, where they get the guarantee plus the money up front.

And, Pac gets his share then Pays Arum whatever Arum cut is, pays the trainer, manager, cutmann cut.
    The money does not go to the fighter before the promoter. The whole entire event purse is split up and then dispursed among every fighter and camp that fought in the event. The person whos paying each fighter is their promoter. So if there is a Top Rank event every fighter whos a Top Rank fighter at that event gets paid by Top Rank. The fighters dont write a check for the promoter the promoter pays the fighter and the fighter pays their manager, trainer, and camp.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
      The money does not go to the fighter before the promoter. The whole entire event purse is split up and then dispursed among every fighter and camp that fought in the event. The person whos paying each fighter is their promoter. So if there is a Top Rank event every fighter whos a Top Rank fighter at that event gets paid by Top Rank. The fighters dont write a check for the promoter the promoter pays the fighter and the fighter pays their manager, trainer, and camp.
      The top rank fighters who fight on the undercard of Pac PPV do not get anything off the PPV.

Pac purse comes from the projected PPV buys.

Comment

The top rank fighters who fight on the undercard of Pac PPV do not get anything off the PPV.

Pacs purse comes from a percentage agreed upon in a contract made by his promoter......

Comment

Pacs purse comes from a percentage agreed upon in a contract made by his promoter......
          Which is the projected numbers off the PPV buys. Not from Arum pocket. Arum gets paid a % of what Pac makes.

The other fighters on the PPV card get paid from Arum pockets.

Comment

No, the fighter works for the promoter. Bob Arum signs Mannys checks, not theother way around.
            He only "signs Manny's cheques" because the Promoter handles EVERYTHING, guarantees payment for EVERYTHING, including the plastic teaspoons given with a cup of coffee, every little damned thing to do with the promotion, except the air they breathe.

All the funds and payments for everything come to the Promoter and for MannyP to be paid his guaranteed amount (and later his %age of the PPV) it is neccessary for Arum or whoever signs the Top Rank cheques, (probablly the financial comptroller) to sign the cheque, it being a business expense of the Company.

That's the only way this comes into it and to suggest that because he signs this cheque that he is Pacquiao's employer is wrong. What he is doing is complying with a clause in the contract that they have made for this particular fight (similiar I'm sure to all thhe others) that he is responsible for payment being made to Pacquiao.

Comment

Pac has a guarantee dipshit. He doesn't fight on the hopes that someone will buy a ppv.

The ppv revenue is just his upside. I can't believe I took you seriously in the other thread.

Fucking waste of time you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                Pac has a guarantee dipshit. He doesn't fight on the hopes that someone will buy a ppv.

The ppv revenue is just his upside. I can't believe I took you seriously in the other thread.

Fucking waste of time you are.
                Hence why I said....

Pac gets paid off the PPV. Pac gurantee is what the projected minimum buys are for the PPV. So if the PPV is less than the minimum projected buys where the PPV didn't make the guarantee money. Then that's when the promoted comes out of pocket.

But, most of the time the PPV goes(esp Pac and Floyd) the PPV goes beyond the minimum projected buys, where they get the guarantee plus the money up front.

And, Pac gets his share then Pays Arum whatever Arum cut is, pays the trainer, manager, cutmann cut.
                You were saying?

Comment

It probably would be of interest to you guys to look up the duties of a Promoter on the internet. My late uncle was a promoter in a small way many years ago, but after reading up on promoters some time ago, I realised that he was more likely one of a group of investors who hired a promoter.

Comment

Hence why I said....

You were saying?
                    I'm saying you're wrong.

Pac doesn't get paid from "Arum's pocket" moron. His purse is guaranteed by HBO. It has nothing to do with Arum or his pockets.

Any PPV revenue he gets is just upside. Arum is his promoter, not his bank.

That's HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      It probably would be of interest to you guys to look up the duties of a Promoter on the internet. My late uncle was a promoter in a small way many years ago, but after reading up on promoters some time ago, I realised that he was more likely one of a group of investors who hired a promoter.
                      I posted that information on page 6. Info here

Comment

Working...
                      X