No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs Valuev: Bern Mayor Making a Run For It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    please PLEASE make this fight happen. . . this would be such a crucial fight. . .

I do have to say that vitali was kinda greedy at the negotiating table (if what was said from valuev was true). valuev should have got the 4 million he was asking. . . vitali would have made way more. . . he was only offering 2 million. come on vitali, you can do without the extra two milly
    I think you are not correct here. This is a bad fight. Valuez is far too limited and cumbersome to ever be a partner in any kind of good fight. Also, he has been sidelined for a couple of years with an injury which seems to refuse to heal. On top of that, he is a very poor boxer, and must be much worse by now. I would think that he is really retired.

As for the offer, my understanding was that Don King demanded a $4 mill purse, which was more than half of the total on offer. I think King was also banking on the fact that the Klitschkos WANTED that belt, and tried to hold them up. Valuev was offered $2.5 mill which was by far the largest purse in his career.

A guy of his age and such basic capabilities as Valuev did himself a big disservice in stretching out the negotiations for so long only to have them backfire and become useless. Every day that passed reduced his already very limited abilities. The way I recall it, Valuev wanted it, but King pushed it to the brink and the Klitschkos just eventually walked away. By NOW..Welll......?? It would be a farce. That Bern mayor just doesn't understand boxing.

If he wants someone like Valuev, he should hire a circus.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      1.) i didn't mean a "good" fight as in competitive, i just think it's INTERESTING because I want to see if Vitali can KO Valuev. Lol i should have clarified that. Come on, you guys don't wanna see Vitali rumble with big ole valuev?!

2.) im a HUGE vitali fan, and i know valuev didn't deserve the 4 million. . . I guess it's easy for me to say that vitali could do without the extra milly point five, but when you are the one going through the training camp, and have built up your popularity, then you are entitled to every penny.

3.) Valuev really is an intelligent, well spoken gentleman. I sometimes sense that he is a little sensitive about being viewed as some "killer beast" by a lot of americans. HAHA u remember when u got in fight with security guard because the guard "handled" his hot wife? He said "TYPICAL RUSSIAN BOORISHNESS" HAHAHA
      I know Vitali wants two fights badly before he quits: Valuev and Haye. I'd like to see both.

And yeah, Nik is a cool guy. He's quite intelligent and sensitive. Haye went way over the line with his rhetoric before they fought. And I still contend Haye didn't do any better against Valuev than he did against Wlad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          I think you are not correct here. This is a bad fight. Valuez is far too limited and cumbersome to ever be a partner in any kind of good fight. Also, he has been sidelined for a couple of years with an injury which seems to refuse to heal. On top of that, he is a very poor boxer, and must be much worse by now. I would think that he is really retired.

As for the offer, my understanding was that Don King demanded a $4 mill purse, which was more than half of the total on offer. I think King was also banking on the fact that the Klitschkos WANTED that belt, and tried to hold them up. Valuev was offered $2.5 mill which was by far the largest purse in his career.

A guy of his age and such basic capabilities as Valuev did himself a big disservice in stretching out the negotiations for so long only to have them backfire and become useless. Every day that passed reduced his already very limited abilities. The way I recall it, Valuev wanted it, but King pushed it to the brink and the Klitschkos just eventually walked away. By NOW..Welll......?? It would be a farce. That Bern mayor just doesn't understand boxing.

If he wants someone like Valuev, he should hire a circus.

Ed - I should have clarified my post - I am interested in seeing how Vitali would handle Valuev.

Come on, you know Vitali would have made MUCH more than 4 million dollars with all his sponsorships, tv deals, etc. But like I clarified, I guess it's easy for me to say that 1.5 million is nothing for vitlai, and he should just give it up so I can be pleased with the fight being made.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
            Why is everyone saying this is a good fight? This is a terrible fight. Valuev hasn't won or fought since he lost to Haye. Also got a joke decision vs Holyfield too. Awful fight.
            Its not a good fight but I like many just want to see a 300+lb giant get ko'd.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post

VALUEV SAYS: Typical RUSSIAN BOORISHNESS! lol, except the shot of him and his wife - he appreciates this - he thinks it is good picture. valuev does not like to be viewed as "subhuman" - valuev does not like having image of "violent, dangerous beast!" Valuev is gentleman and scholar just like klitschko!

Comment

Id like to see a mini kind of 4 man tourney. Have Vitali vs. Haye and Valuev vs. Helenius. My issue with Vitali just fighting Valuev is Valuev hasnt fought since losing to Haye. If Vitali was 34 It'd make sense just to try to kill Valuev in the ring peasants with pitchforks style, but at 40, Vitali needs to really keep targeting guys who will increase his legacy. Beating Valuev would be treated about the same as beating Holyfield or Toney at this point. If Valuev can beat Helenius then its a legit fight, if he can't then Vitali can finish his career in a huge fight against Helenius.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                    Id like to see a mini kind of 4 man tourney. Have Vitali vs. Haye and Valuev vs. Helenius. My issue with Vitali just fighting Valuev is Valuev hasnt fought since losing to Haye. If Vitali was 34 It'd make sense just to try to kill Valuev in the ring peasants with pitchforks style, but at 40, Vitali needs to really keep targeting guys who will increase his legacy. Beating Valuev would be treated about the same as beating Holyfield or Toney at this point. If Valuev can beat Helenius then its a legit fight, if he can't then Vitali can finish his career in a huge fight against Helenius.
                    ANTWOORD! Love the idea, but we both know Haye is way too ***** to fight Vitali, or any other heavyweight aside from Wladimir right now, simply because he knows Wladimir doesn't have the killer instinct, and he can get away with duping everybody into another good payday.

Valuev v. Helenius - Love it. . .

Oh yes, Antwoord, Y U NO ANSWER my question about South Africa?

Comment

It would be entertaining while it lasts, and then Vitali knocks Valuev out. When that happens it'll be like watching a redwood tree falling

Timbeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                      X