Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If ortiz beats Floyd brutally, is it upset of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    that it is the biggest upset vic winning is the biggest upset .....yet, ortiz is the tougher competiton to floyd than jmm is to pacquaio....or are you not sayin that now...lol
    So, let me get this right...You think Manny fighting a 38 year-old 130lb fighter at welterweight is a bigger threat than a 24 year-old welterweight champion with KO power in both hands.

I think Marquez is one hell of a fighter, my second favorite to Mayweather, actually. But, he just doesn't stand a chance at welterweight at his age and deteriorating physical tools, that fight should have happened years ago.
    Last edited by p4p-champ; 08-31-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

do you even know what "upset" in boxing means ts?...

upset simplified:

"winning the match when youre not expected to"...thats upset

now,

you say vic has more chance of beating floyd than jmm has at beating pac...

meaning, jmm has the bigger chance of losing than vic, right?...

so, if the one who has the bigger chance of losing(jmm) wins, it should be a bigger upset than if the one with lesser chance of losin wins....right?..thats the logical way of looking at it...

now, what youre sayin right now is contradicting it...it is like sayin " i like dicks but im not gay"......you almost sound as bad as that right now.....hope you reliase that atleast.......think about it man, seriously....

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
        So, let me get this right...You think Manny fighting a 38 year-old 130lb fighter at welterweight is a bigger threat than a 24 year-old welterweight champion with KO power in both hands. I think Marquez is one hell of a fighter, my second favorite to Mayweather, actually. But, he just doesn't stand a chance at welterweight at his age and deteriorating physical tools, that fight should have happened years ago.
        obviouly yes, and so should anyone who thinks vic beating floyd is the biggest upset this year.....it aint rocket scinece kido, just common ****ing sense...

Comment

i think he is.....prolly just realized he just owned himself in his own thread......i mean cmon, he says jmm has no chance to win and that oriz has a better shot at beating floyd, ...how the hell is jmm beating pacquaio not bigger upset then?...lol. nah mean...
          You don't even have to mention the Pac/JMM 3. He still thinks it's an upset if Ortiz beats PBF. Which is inconsistent to his claims of an evenly-matched fight. The guy is simply confused.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
            So, let me get this right...You think Manny fighting a 38 year-old 130lb fighter at welterweight is a bigger threat than a 24 year-old welterweight champion with KO power in both hands.

I think Marquez is one hell of a fighter, my second favorite to Mayweather, actually. But, he just doesn't stand a chance at welterweight at his age and deteriorating physical tools, that fight should have happened years ago.
            true to an extent but the majority of posters on here seem to forget who he was fighting that night. not only is mayweather technically gifted, he is also physically much bigger than marquez. pacquiao and marquez size difference aint as big as mayweather and marquez so it should be more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Lets try this again Puga. I do not even take the Pacman-Marquez farce seriously. I equate it to something like sponge bob or something. Something that my baby the 1 in my avy will take seriously, but not me. An utter waste of anyones 60 bucks, toal garbage. All I know is that if ur a fan of pacman talking about cherrypicking your nerves are bigger than your idols, kick rocks.
              we all get what you sayin but we all know your making yourself look like a fool right now contracdting yourself....

you dont take pac vs jmm seriously, becuase it is a mismatch , everything is in pac's favor, pac is taking advantge of him, jmm is old , he aint got no shot at winning at all etcetera etcetera...

so why the hell is it not a bigger upset if the OLD MAN, who got hurt in 3 of his last fights and cant fight at ww, wins?......

Comment

It depends. With the manny fight the deck has been stacked against Marquez but the floyd fight seems like another walk in the park for floyd. Its the lay off that adds a different dynamic. I would say the ortiz/ floyd only because floyd is giving off this illusion of invincibiliy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                  You don't even have to mention the Pac/JMM 3. He still thinks it's an upset if Ortiz beats PBF. Which is inconsistent to his claims of an evenly-matched fight. The guy is simply confused.

:-)
                  LOL....i missed that one....that does'nt even make sense.......either he is confused or not thinking about what he is sayin or someting else much worse..

Comment

we all get what you sayin but we all know your making yourself look like a fool right now contracdting yourself....

you dont take pac vs jmm seriously, becuase it is a mismatch , everything is in pac's favor, pac is taking advantge of him, jmm is old , he aint got no shot at winning at all etcetera etcetera...

so why the hell is it not a bigger upset if the OLD MAN, who got hurt in 3 of his last fights and cant fight at ww, wins?......
                    I don't even consider the fight legit that's why. Can you understand that? Your arguing about why it wouldn't be a bigger upset to me. Because it's a useless garbage worthless fight, it's very simple.

Comment

I would be VERY surprised if Floyd loses...the lay off could rear its ugly head but I hope/doubt it will and even if it does, I won't use that as an excuse bcuz it was Floyd's choice. With that said, if everything is clicking for both fighters I believe whole heartedly that Floyd will box the ish out Ortiz with Ortiz having a moment or two based on young and being so big...nothing more!! And that's not bcuz I think very low of Ortiz...I just think that high of floyd (in the ring).

Comment

Working...
                      X