Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Sr has hinted that Floyd can lose (41-1)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    IMO you cannot compare the Ortiz at 140 to the Ortiz at 147 he's a completely different fighter throwing double the punches at 147 and being able to cut the ring a lot better. Those that say that it's gonna look like Ortiz vs Peterson are delusional. When you double your punch volume it's a whole other story.
    It's not gonna be like Ortiz - Peterson. That fight was close where Floyd - Ortiz won't be.

Mayweather is gonna pick him apart.

It's unfortunate because i like Ortiz.

Comment

This year has not been too good for undefeated fighters.

Berto, Solis, Dzinzuruk, Kirkland, Lemieux, Lopez, Alexander, DeGale. All lost their 0.

You got Mayweather, Ward, Gamboa, Bute, all undefeated fighters, all have tough fights this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AKOO View Post
        It's not gonna be like Ortiz - Peterson. That fight was close where Floyd - Ortiz won't be.

I didn't think that fight was close. I thought Ortiz won 6 rounds plus the 2 knock down points, he should have gotten the clear decision.

Comment

Originally posted by AKOO View Post

This^. Its going to be worse for Ortiz. Dude does not know how to box. He throws from too far and gets countered so easily with the right hand. I would argue that Floyds best punch is his straight right. I mean come on there were times when Victor had no idea how to get in and times where he was being walked down be Peterson. As usual, this fight was carefully scouted by the Team Mayweather .

Comment

I thought and I'm pretty sure Sr. meant that he would give Floyd his first loss.

However, despite of what he might have said - I see Ortiz giving Mayweather his first loss as a professional boxer. The circumstances are perfect for the upset to take place, not only in Floyds side but Victors as well.

Time will tell if I'm right, I'm making the bets happen right now though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              This year has not been too good for undefeated fighters.

Berto, Solis, Dzinzuruk, Kirkland, Lemieux, Lopez, Alexander, DeGale. All lost their 0.

You got Mayweather, Ward, Gamboa, Bute, all undefeated fighters, all have tough fights this year.

Bute lost that 0 a while back already..(librado andrade #1). He redeemed himself in the rematch, but he still lost the first one.

I didn't think that fight was close. I thought Ortiz won 6 rounds plus the 2 knock down points, he should have gotten the clear decision.
              I think Ortiz was the clear winner, won 7 rounds plus the multiple knockdowns does not make a 10 round fight close.. It would not surprise me if peterson has al haymon on his team.

Comment

he was saying hed beat floyds ass himself. just another one of the things most of the people who are hating on floyd b.c of the arguement are over looking

Comment

I thought Ortiz edged it but Peterson made a good comeback late in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lineal Champ View Post
                    This^. Its going to be worse for Ortiz. Dude does not know how to box. He throws from too far and gets countered so easily with the right hand. I would argue that Floyds best punch is his straight right. I mean come on there were times when Victor had no idea how to get in and times where he was being walked down be Peterson. As usual, this fight was carefully scouted by the Team Mayweather .
                    Again...bringing up the Peterson fight ruins your argument. Berto's power is better than Peterson's and he is bigger to. Ortiz walked down Berto at 147 meaning that Peterson walked down Ortiz because of weight issues. With that being said Ortiz can box he has a good style but his only mistake is when he leads with his left which checks him with a right hand. If he can lead with a faint right or a right hook you'd be surprised how different he'd be.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                      He's said on several interviews that when you take a lay off for so long it can do something to your style of boxing. The fundamentals will not be as sharp as they were and you might be easier to hit. Then he gets mad at Floyd on 24/7 and yells out 41-1 as his record. He wasn't BS'ing when he said those lay offs take something off you. I mean I like Mayweather Jr but against a 36 year old lightweight Marquez and a 38 year old Mosley that took a year off it was a no brainer that Mayweather would win right? You guys know this to. Hence the experience of fighting a southpaw is kinda gray for Mayweather cuz that was against Judah like 5 years ago? Not only is Ortiz younger, bigger, but he's also got momentum. That kid has been on a roll and he gets a little better after every fight doing new things. I don't think Mayweather Sr ever thought his nephew can win this...
                      You are looking for anything to convince yourself that Ortiz has a chance. OOH his father say he can lose LOOOOOOL XD. Sr would throw Floyd under teh bus for anything just like he did in there last fight when he brought up Pacman. That idiot was the one that convinced Floyd that Pac was on steroids. When Floyd came off his 24 month layoff aka 2 years, he dominated JMM's soul and pwned him in every round, made him look ******. I love JMM and I felt sorry for him. Sure he is a little older now against Ortiz but he has showed before that Layoffs have little effect on him.
                      I don't think Mayweather Sr ever thought his nephew can win this...
                      HAHA you think that SR actually thinks Ortiz will beat him? Nuthugger looking for reassurance that Victor has a chance. He does, but you seem almost unsure that you grab anything that can give you that reassure you
                      BTW Sr is his father

Comment

Working...
                      X