No announcement yet.

Holy flowers: Mayweather Jr vs SR argument was crazy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    Listen, mano. Floyd is not nineteen years old. He is a nearly 35 year old man who has had amazing life experiences. made many millions. Traveled the globe. Is world famous, etc.

There were better ways to deal with that sitch, and Jr made BAD choices tonight (er. last week).

What Jr did tonight doesn't advance his agenda with his children. If you want to be an example for your kids, that wasn't the move.

That **** WILL sell tickets , though.
    We cant say how he should have handled it cause we're not him. Didn't go what he went through. Those situations based on past situations most likely causes different reactions

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
      Says it all

But SR is the main man behind his boxing skills. So no matter what he can't refute that or down play it
      You sound like Sr.

Ok so Floyd Jr's hard work doesn't count?
      How about Rogers hard work?

Floyd sr set the foundation but Floyd jr and Roger took it the top.

Credit goes to Jr first. He is the one who gets in the ring and wins his fights.
      Jr is the one who trains like a mad man.

You can't get all the credit just because you trained Jr as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Granted I haven't seen the episode. I was streaming some fights. So I don't know what led to what and what was said.

I just find it funny that a lot of fans do feel that somehow being a fan means you have to back up your fighter no matter what.

To the point of making excuses and agreeing or rationalizing every little thing said fighter says or does.

To me those are not real boxing fans just ****riders. They just stay on their knees for that particular fighter.

Whether it is Pac, Floyd, B-Hop, K-Bros whoever.
        You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jrosales13 again

post of the day

Comment

Listen, mano. Floyd is not nineteen years old. He is a nearly 35 year old man who has had amazing life experiences. made many millions. Traveled the globe. Is world famous, etc.

There were better ways to deal with that sitch, and Jr made BAD choices tonight (er. last week).

What Jr did tonight doesn't advance his agenda with his children. If you want to be an example for your kids, that wasn't the move.

That **** WILL sell tickets , though.
          i never said it was right, i understand it. thats the point. i dont care how old u are, daddy issues are daddy issues. those kinda things stick with your psyche for a long time, trust me, i know. im 25 and i still barely have a good word to say to my father. i dont wish him an ill but its hard to be in the presence of the man at times.

Comment

I remember when Sr was in jail while Jr was turning pro. And, every single win Jr was dedicating to his father. Couldn't wait to make money so his dad wouldn't have to worry about anything when he got out.

It doesn't sound like they had that bad of a relationship at that time. Don't know what went wrong after that. However, Sr does have a big ego. Floyd is an ego maniac. So that already is a recipe for disaster. And, both are the same, like father, like son. Both, think they're the greatest at what they do. They can't stop from giving their own selves all the credit in the World. It's quite funny how similar they're. I think that's why they clash. They just too alike.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
              You sound like Sr.

Ok so Floyd Jr's hard work doesn't count?
              How about Rogers hard work?

Floyd sr set the foundation but Floyd jr and Roger took it the top.

Credit goes to Jr first. He is the one who gets in the ring and wins his fights.
              Jr is the one who trains like a mad man.

You can't get all the credit just because you trained Jr as a kid.
              I said main man... he is

He taught him how to fight. Without SR he wouldn't be who he is. He also taught Rog too

I never said ALL credit goes to him or he should be as selfish as he's coming off

Maybe SR doesn't feel he gets enough credit idk

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Everything you said is true/correct.

I have the same type of relationship with my father (abusive).

But at the end of the day, that's still my dad. Although I am grown and can do/say what I want, I still keep that respect. I won't even say a curse word around my father.

It has a lot to do with up bringing.
                Everybody is not the same.

Like I said. I would never speak to my mother or father like that.
                I wouldn't speak to my aunts,uncles,etc like that.

But we don't know what happened in Floyd jr house growing up.
                Walk a mile in Jr's shoes before we judge him.

Comment

It's coming on again....RIGHT NOW.

I would never say to my Dad the ish that Floyd said to his father. Never.

I would just take the L and walk. Even if that meant leaving my own gym for the day, and having someone call my dad to ask him not to return to the gym.
                  the Ulises "Archie" Solis fight is my tube right now. I catch it some other time.

Comment

that relationship is ****ed up....

they need to go to a therapist....

also fmj's fiance is hot as ****!

think she is a gold digger though.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jrosales13 again

post of the day
                      Thank you, kind sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X