Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
    F-ck that...........

Floyd Sr got what he deserved.
    He never wants to give Floyd Jr or Roger any credit for Jr's success.

You want respect then you gotta give respect and I don't care who you are.
    Especially a guy in Sr who was willing to train Delahaya to fight his son if the the price was right.

He wanted 2 million to do it.
    I got two sons and no amount of money would make me wanna train someone to beat them.

I wouldn't talk to my father like that because my father raised me and is a great father.

Floyd sr once used his son as a shield while a man pulled a gun on him and shot him in the leg.

What kind of father does that?
    thats what ppl dont get, there was a lot of ****ed up **** done in this relationship. this was no ordinary father/son relationship. and the onus must always be on the father to create an environment where such a relationship can work. sr did a **** job at it to be frank.

now i will not say, oh the **** was funny or that there wasnt anything wrong with it. but i cant criticize a man for showing emotions to a father who has in many ways failed him. that jrs right. mebbe he did it the wrong way at the wrong time, but i cant call it disrespectful. sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by vincebond View Post
      He didn't train them during those fights.
      oh yeah...that was after...my bad...

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Why are people feeling bad for Sr.? WTF

He used Floyd as a baby bulletproof vest to avoid getting shot anywhere more serious
        He to used beat his mother
        Left Jr. as a trainer and Floyd had to refuge with his uncle
        Feels some sort of weird jealousy towards his own son
        Puts down his own brother who is one who really crafted Floyd's skills
        Diminished Floyd's win against Oscar in his own face RIGHT AFTER THE FIGHT (saying he thought Oscar had won)
        ect.

Sr. deserved to get put in his place and more

Everything you said is true/correct.

I have the same type of relationship with my father (abusive).

But at the end of the day, that's still my dad. Although I am grown and can do/say what I want, I still keep that respect. I won't even say a curse word around my father.

It has a lot to do with up bringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          No, sir. He did not.
          okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration but you catch my drift

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            Werd.

I hate when fans think that you are either Floyd/manny/Hopkins or you're some bum.
            Granted I haven't seen the episode. I was streaming some fights. So I don't know what led to what and what was said.

I just find it funny that a lot of fans do feel that somehow being a fan means you have to back up your fighter no matter what.

To the point of making excuses and agreeing or rationalizing every little thing said fighter says or does.

To me those are not real boxing fans just ****riders. They just stay on their knees for that particular fighter.

Whether it is Pac, Floyd, B-Hop, K-Bros whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Everything you said is true/correct.

I have the same type of relationship with my father (abusive).

But at the end of the day, that's still my dad. Although I am grown and can do/say what I want, I still keep that respect. I won't even say a curse word around my father.

It has a lot to do with up bringing.
              I agree with you, as a teen I almost came to squaring off against my old man but never did and I'm glad I never did now as an adult. Got a few homies who have literally busted their own dad's mouth open or chocked them out, like you said it's all about your up bringing and the surroundings you're in.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                thats what ppl dont get, there was a lot of ****ed up **** done in this relationship. this was no ordinary father/son relationship. and the onus must always be on the father to create an environment where such a relationship can work. sr did a **** job at it to be frank.

now i will not say, oh the **** was funny or that there wasnt anything wrong with it. but i cant criticize a man for showing emotions to a father who has in many ways failed him. that jrs right. mebbe he did it the wrong way at the wrong time, but i cant call it disrespectful. sorry.
                Listen, mano. Floyd is not nineteen years old. He is a nearly 35 year old man who has had amazing life experiences. made many millions. Traveled the globe. Is world famous, etc.

There were better ways to deal with that sitch, and Jr made BAD choices tonight (er. last week).

What Jr did tonight doesn't advance his agenda with his children. If you want to be an example for your kids, that wasn't the move.

That **** WILL sell tickets , though.

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
                  oh yeah...that was after...my bad...
                  You have Bria Myles in your sig, so I'll let you slide.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    I agree with you, as a teen I almost came to squaring off against my old man but never did and I'm glad I never did now as an adult. Got a few homies who have literally busted their own dad's mouth open or chocked them out, like you said it's all about your up bringing and the surroundings you're in.
                    ive never hit or come close to hitting my father. hes more of an old school gangster type from brooklyn, he wouldnt take that ****, im sure hed sooner kill me. but we have had words, and none all to nice. thats why i get this ****. i get where it comes from. **** has to be said in order for emotions to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Granted I haven't seen the episode. I was streaming some fights. So I don't know what led to what and what was said.

I just find it funny that a lot of fans do feel that somehow being a fan means you have to back up your fighter no matter what.

To the point of making excuses and agreeing or rationalizing every little thing said fighter says or does.

To me those are not real boxing fans just ****riders. They just stay on their knees for that particular fighter.

Whether it is Pac, Floyd, B-Hop, K-Bros whoever.
                      It's coming on again....RIGHT NOW.

I would never say to my Dad the ish that Floyd said to his father. Never.

I would just take the L and walk. Even if that meant leaving my own gym for the day, and having someone call my dad to ask him not to return to the gym.

Comment

Working...
                      X