No announcement yet.

Holy flowers: Mayweather Jr vs SR argument was crazy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    I also feel junior was quite unfair when talking about seniors boxing career.

Senior paved the way for roger and junior. Learning the ropes through trial and error. He for sure passed along some of the what works and what doesn't to them, letting them have a much smoother ride.

Also he wasn't a bum by any means. It's just hard to live up to his brothers or especially his sons accomplishments.

Floyd sr is obviously an awesome athlete. Just look at how he can move and the shape hes in despite being a sick old man.
    I agree, good post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      I also feel junior was quite unfair when talking about seniors boxing career.

Senior paved the way for roger and junior. Learning the ropes through trial and error. He for sure passed along some of the what works and what doesn't to them, letting them have a much smoother ride.

Also he wasn't a bum by any means. It's just hard to live up to his brothers or especially his sons accomplishments.

Floyd sr is obviously an awesome athlete. Just look at how he can move and the shape hes in despite being a sick old man.
      That's what I said but at the same time... Sr does brag a little too much about him being the creator and all that. May be somewhat true but come on. Agreed to those who said he should let it slide

Notice how he mentioned Rog was there when he was locked up. So its still some type of animosity there

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        lol its really not that big of a deal.

this is only the first episode anyway.
        I think they will "reconcile", but they need to be forreal about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
          That's what I said but at the same time... Sr does brag a little too much about him being the creator and all that. May be somewhat true but come on. Agreed to those who said he should let it slide

Notice how he mentioned Rog was there when he was locked up. So its still some type of animosity there
          Absolutely. Good post.

Comment

• Yeah this is in no stretch of the imagination bad for boxing.
            Bad for floyds image? Probably.
            Bad for floyds money making persona? Not even close. Quite the opposite.

Do people think boxingfans or casual sportfans will watch this and say, "Omg, floyd jr is such a punk. How can he behave like that? I don't want to watch this sport no more."?

No.

They will say "what a ****ing *******. I can't wait to see Ortiz shut him up. "

*submit order*

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
              I think they will "reconcile", but they need to be forreal about it.
              this ain't the first time they got into an arguement and it won't be the last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                Why do you guys always get so carried away?

Was Mike Tyson raping a woman bad for boxing? Was Spadafora shooting his pregnant girlfriend bad for boxing?

I think people can separate what Floyd says from "boxing". People separate Michael Vick from "football".

Give people some credit.
                I agree. Boxers should be judge for their ring accomplishments.

I mean if you look at some of the biggest names in the sports, they are filled with guys who did things worse than Floyd has ever done.

Just the other day I watched a documentary on Ray Robinson in which his son told a story of his father punching him in the face when he was only 10-12 years old.

His son said he fell on the ground, look at his dad and stated "Do you feel like the champion of the world now Dad".

with that said.....again boxers and athletes in general are humans just like the rest of us and should only be looked at/judged for the entertaiment they bring in their respected sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                  Floyd Jr is clearly still hurt from his dad not being there back when he was younger. I don't care what anyone says, that is the heart of the issue (s) that he has with his father. Lil Floyd is hurt by that, and its understandable. However, dude is 34 years old and needs to move forward. That "argument" didn't warrant the things that were said, mainly by Lil Floyd. He shouldn't have dissed his pops like that and man, I straight felt sorry for Floyd Sr.
                  Exactly. Dude was out scoring drugs while he had kids to take care of. He's a **** father and Jr will put him in his place whenever he feels fit(though you're right - Jr is 34 and needs to get over it - only counseling may fix that).

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                    I do not believe Sr. wants the best for Floyd. He is clearly jealous of Floyd and Roger's relationship, does not respect him as a man, and wants him to fall off his pedestal. What bothered me about the situation is over and over again SR is trying to be the man. If you come to Jr's gym and keep undermining the accomplishments of JR and his trainer, eventually there will be a blow up. This one happened to be on camera and I bet no one cared that the camera was on.

Personally, I could talk to my father like that. But only if he deserved it. The moderator of the show led in with statements explaining the dynamics of the people and the relation. Where is the shock? Especially for fans that know the family history.
                    seriously. im tired of all these cats in here acting like floyd was the only one in the wrong as if they didnt hear what sr was saying...what sr has done and said to floyd for all these years.

people need to stop being so judgmental when you arent standing in the other persons shoes

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                      Dam. At least make the **** funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X