• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Done.

Ok I'll post it in my blog.

May the best man win!

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Why not??Are you still talking about the Dirrell fight where Dirrell was jumping. On the canvasholding and just not wanting to engage at all??Please tell me this is not what ya talking about??
      That is exactly what I was talking about. Now I thought Froch deserved to win because he was actually trying to fight. But it can't be denied that Dirrel was hitting him & running out of there soo fast that it was borderline embarrassing. Like You always like to say though, the Clean, effective punches were landed by Dirrel.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        And you of course have proof of this, right?
        Proof Goossen/Haymon paying off judges in Williams/Lara fight.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if other fighters express concern about judging and referees in big fights this fall.

Comment

Like I said - if Froch wants to question the integrity of Showtime who have gone out of their way to ensure a neutral venue (being that the contract at the start of the S6 stated that the final regardless of who was there even if two Europeans were there had to take place in the States), neutral ref and neutral judges are in place for the final, that's his call.

What else can they do?

If he is unhappy with neutral ref and judge - they maybe they can make him happy bend over and take it and let Froch pick whatever ref he wants along with judges.

Or, more likely, they can replace the neutral ref and judges with American ones if he isn't happy with having neutral ones. The guy's unbelieavble.

He's being afforded a luxury that British fighters such as Hatton and Calzaghe haven't had when they fought in America.

Calzaghe beat B-Hop and didn't have it neutral.

Froch's getting neutral ref and judges and he's still complaining, and questioning the integrity of Showtime who have put him in this competition, Froch would still be fighting bums in the UK if it wasn't for Showtime and this is his thanks to them.

What a kick in the chops for Showtime that is from Froch.

Comment

To be fair this fight should have been in Montreal. It would have been a sold out arena put Bute on the undercard so we can have him fight the winner of this fight and it makes it fair for both fighters fighting outside their land.

Comment

Ringlife - I agree with you but that stipulation was made at the start of the tournament contractually.

Every fighter agreed and every fighter signed, so that's that really. Anyway, Froch will have more fans there than Ward and he's already fought in Atlantic City.

Showtime need to select a ref that is fair to both guys. I think Ward has as much right to complain about refs as Froch does, if you look at Ward's last fight, the referee wouldn't let them fight on the inside at all.

Inside fighting is part of professional boxing, to not allow inside fighting is to not allow a major component of professional boxing and something that distinguishes professional boxing from amateur boxing.

In the Ward AA fight, the ref wouldn't allow any inside fighting or clinches, something that is a major part of the professional sport.

The referee in the Ward Froch fight has to allow inside fighting, clinches etc as they are part of the sport, and allow it to evolve naturally.

However, if the inside fighting or clinches becomes excessive, then he has to break it up, it if continues, warn, and after that, take points.

They have to select a referee that is going to be fair to both fighters and strike a happy medium with this, because you can't select a referee that doesn't allow inisde fighting etc because Froch isn't as strong as Ward (arguably at it).

You have to allow it, because it is part of professional boxing and you're effectively saying, Froch isn't good enough to win the fight - because he can't do certain things in the ring.

Well tough, because it's part of professional boxing, get better at it. I mean if you do that, then you have to say, Froch can't use his jab because he has a longer reach than Ward.

Well you can do that either but you get my point, you can't not allow something that is part and parcel of the sport because one guy holds an advantage in that area.

And anyway, if Froch's going to beat Ward then I think he'll want the referee to allow some roughhousing to take Ward out of his comfort zone.

Hopkins held all night against, Calzaghe, but Calzaghe was good enough and versitile enough to adapt and still win the fight, is Froch?

I thought the Hopkins Calzaghe fight was excessive holding, and that's is when the referee needs to be firmer but, you cannot not allow inside fighting and clinching altogether.

Otherwise we might as well get rid of the professional game, put headguards on and bring in a point system per round.

For me Ward Green was too much inside fighting and clinching and the ref should have been firmer but against AA it was the complete contrast and there wasn't any allowed, the referee needs to be down the middle with this so that it doesn't put either fighter stylistically at an advantage or disadvantage.

Allow it and let evolve but not allow it to be excessive.

After that - may the best man win.

Comment

Dude ur a boxer! Ur paid too fight! U have confidence in ur skills u fight in freakin China if u have too! All dat talk is BS, any boxer that talks a lot shld be able too prove hiself in the ring! Point Blank! There's no such thing as a perfect fight! Sixk of theses esxcuses, just stfu and fight! U talkin alll this mess how u good u are! U fight! Point blank! War-Ward!

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    Proof Goossen/Haymon paying off judges in Williams/Lara fight.
                    Crappy decisions ain't proof.

Comment

If Froch doesn't get a k.o, he will be screwed on the cards. Tunney's post nailed it.

Ward fighting at home all tourney long destroyed the integrity of the tournament long ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X