Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hell did Margarito come in at 145 for the Mosley weigh in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarito fought Paul Williams at the same weight.

Comment

Originally posted by esl_4_u View Post
      B.S. Post! Margarito weighed in at 146 and Shane at 147. They both weighed 160 on fight night. Watch the fight for yourself

http://sosoboxing.com/boxing-video-w...-shane-mosley/

Hehehehe ... I love it when posts like this are written.

Comment

Dodgy scales......

Comment

Manny fights Cotto @ 145 - "PAC is draining him with the catchweight"
          Mosley fights a much bigger margarito - "margarito was in great shape. Mosley had one last great fight in him"

The hypocrisy

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas View Post
            He fought Cotto at 147, he is a big WW and the only fight he's fought at 145 he lost (again P. Williams). I just don't get it...

I was looking at the weigh in again and he looked pretty drained as well. Not to mention I heard he had to lose about 35+ pounds for the fight or something along those lines.

I honestly think there were several mistakes that led to his downfall that night (along with getting caught before the fight and other distractions), I think that you recreate that fight again at any point in time and Margarito destroys Mosley.
            marg was trying to set himself up for a pac fight since pac was still a 135 lbs back then with one fight at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by esl_4_u View Post
              B.S. Post! Margarito weighed in at 146 and Shane at 147. They both weighed 160 on fight night. Watch the fight for yourself

http://sosoboxing.com/boxing-video-w...-shane-mosley/

Please be a little more respectful next time... I did my research before posting this.

Boxrec stated that Margarito weighed 145¾ ...

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1677&cat=boxer

AND THE OFFICIAL WEIGH IN VIDEO DOES AS WELL.. SKIP to 2:24:

So please next time you try to make someone look bad, make sure you are right.

Comment

I think he was focusing on speed because he did not have to worry about power because of the handwraps...

Comment

Originally posted by | THE KING | View Post
                  He was said to be badly weight drained..
                  actually he weighed 145.8

what happened

they used a cheap store brand scale to weigh in his room. The scale kept saying he was ~148.5 so he went to the work out room in the hotel to sweat off more weight. Turned out the scale was off by over a pound.

what they didn't know and I think what a lot people still don't know is that you can use the official scale to check your weight. When medicals and forms are being checked in the day before the weigh in they have a scale available to use.

he sweated down to 145.8 thinking he was right on point when he was well under

now usually after Tony weighs in he has a huge meal of pastas meats and shakes. When they came back I asked what he ate and his co-manager said he had half his plate then a little frozen yogurt

he was ****ed the whole night before

he still would have gotten his ass kicked though

Comment

At any point in time in both fighters career Mosley beats Margas..Margas is made to order forMosley its just that simple...

Comment

He knew he was going to use the bricks, so he gained a lot of weight and took it easy between fights. They worked so well in the Cotto fight he figured why stay in shape.

It was Mosley's last great fight, and Mosley grew up fighting nothing but Mexicans I should have put some money down, hindsight is 20/20 though.

Comment

Working...
                      X