Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcoa4PpM4v0#t=8m34s

Lennox talks about how Floyd needs to put another punch at the end of the lead right, and then Floyd makes it happen. That some crazy awareness.
    That's why you need a BOXER there in that chair. That is why Roy Jones clowns Merchant.
    A boxer sees it differently than a drunk, racist old man.

But you see what i mean about the body shots? And then Judah backs off every time. That is the stuff that people don't remember from that fight. They just say that "Judah got tired". No. Wrong. Floyd pressured Judah and backed him up and invested in bodywork.

Everytime I show someone the tape, they admit that they had remembered it differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      But you would need to be a "natural born gym guy". A guy who won't use the same feints in round 3 and you do in 7, 9 and 11.

They would have to be DIFFERENT feints. And that's why it never works. Because nobody is more "natural" than Floyd, and he is great at reading offensive patterns because that is all he sees/saw since he was five years old. Guys coming at him.

For example, if you go back and watch the Hatton fight, you will see that Floyd tried that check hook AT LEAST three times in that same corner. People called it luck, but he was timing that ****.

Watch @6:50. He hits Hatton with THE SAME check hook. Landed well. But he cuffed it a bit.

Complete and utter masterclass by Floyd Mayweaher Jr. A fight like this gives me the confidene to bet my House on this guy winning. People think Hatton was winning ouns because the fight was in a phone booth but it was that way because Floyd CHOSE it to be. Why is this true? Go from rounds 7-9. Floyd starts REALLY busting Hatton up inside for 7 and 8 and you know what he does in round 9? Jabs. Moves and Jabs as if to say "Yeah, I could have just done this **** all night if I felt like it." Then goes right back to busting Hatton up in Round 10.

Comment

I have to admit, that fight threw me for a loop. A little bit.

I expected Floyd to box him. But I fully expected Floyd to try to turn Shane all night. I didn't anticipate that Floyd would box Shane from 18 inches away. Even after he got rocked.

That was good stuff.
        Wrong. That wasn't good stuff. That was GREATNESS. No other boxer who has ever faced Shane under 154lbs has been able to do that.

That says a lot about Shane Mosley ... and even more about Floyd Mayweather.

A lot of people gloss over that fight because its easier for them to hate on Mayweather by calling Shane "old" even though he just outclassed and knocked out Antonio Margarito when he was ranked #1 and the WW champion of the world.

Mayweather took some big shots, adjusted and went right back to work even in the second round! Now, if Mayweather took the shots that put out Margarito, is there a question about his chin? Is there a question about whether he can still perform at A+ levels even after being rocked?

Not many can. Only those special boxers can find their composure after eating shots like that.

Mayweather showed something that Freddie Roach GUARANTEED we would not see: Floyd walked Mosley down, didn't get on his bike, and fought toe to toe all night.

Even when Floyd does what others consider impossible or at least improbable for him to do, they don't give due credit.

Just like when Floyd fought DLH despite DLH coming in at 170lbs+ on fight night. Who else has given up that kind of weight in a match without it being at HW? That's a 20lb disparity!

I'm seriously asking ... who else has attempted something like that outside of HW bouts and won? And if someone has given up 20lbs+, when was it? It wasn't anytime in the last 20-30 years.

Its that kind of accomplishment that makes me call this guy the best of this era. Its amusing to think that the boxing media has compared a feat like that to Pacquiao having WWs sweat down 4lbs from 147 to make a fight with him and calling it great.

As a fan and as a student of the game, that's just disgraceful.

Comment

That's why you need a BOXER there in that chair. That is why Roy Jones clowns Merchant.

But you see what i mean about the body shots? And then Judah backs off every time. That is the stuff that people don't remember from that fight. They just say that "Judah got tired". No. Wrong. Floyd pressured Judah and backed him up and invested in bodywork.

Everytime I show someone the tape, they admit that they had remembered it differently.
          I think a lot of people miss the effectiveness of Floyd's work on the inside. If you stay in the pocket with him he will rip your body up, and really dig in. A lot of people say his opponents fade, but they don't take Floyd's body work into consideration when deciphering the components involved in the demise of his opponents. It could be a result of his power being underrated, but who knows up in huurrrr?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Complete and utter masterclass by Floyd Mayweaher Jr. A fight like this gives me the confidene to bet my House on this guy winning. People think Hatton was winning ouns because the fight was in a phone booth but it was that way because Floyd CHOSE it to be. Why is this true? Go from rounds 7-9. Floyd starts REALLY busting Hatton up inside for 7 and 8 and you know what he does in round 9? Jabs. Moves and Jabs as if to say "Yeah, I could have just done this **** all night if I felt like it." Then goes right back to busting Hatton up in Round 10.
            Round 8 of the hatton fight was the best Floyd looked since round 6 of the gatti fight.

Comment

I was trying to say Floyd listened to what Lennox was saying and took the advice. Floyd is known for listening to the commentary as he's fighting.

Yep, those were great bodyshots. Check this one out, it neutralized Zab for the rest of the round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcoa4PpM4v0#t=9m31s

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Team Mayweather figured out Hatton's weaknesses the way no other fighters and their teams previously had. And that open right side on Hatton was the target for the money punch all night long.

That target was flashing a red "Hit Me Here" neon sign up to 10th round. Floyd just got annoyed with the flashing sign and smashed it to bits.

Last edited by MindBat; 08-20-2011, 09:16 PM. Reason: typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post

Even when Floyd does what others consider impossible or at least improbable for him to do, they don't give due credit.
                  Man, I'll tell you. I went to a Mexican bar in North Carolina to watch Whitaker-Chavez. During the fight, it was mad silent. And then afterwards, all the Mexican dudes were giving Pernell props.

I went to Trinidad-Delahoya. Even though alot/most Mexicans felt that Oscar won, they were really cool about it. After the fight, some dudes from Oscar's crew got me into House of Blues for the official HBO after-party. I was kicking it with Chris Meloni (cool dude) and a bunch of Mexican guys.

I was a Tito nuthugger, ao I went to Vegas for Trinidad-Vargas. Some of us didn't have tickets, so we just did the closed circuit at Studio 54 in the MGM. We were going back-n-forth with these LA Mexican cats and we were buying each other drinks as Tito and Feroz traded knockdowns. Afterwards, we all rolled to The Drink.

I say this to show that the different "factions" used to get along and show mutual respect. This was before the ******* era.

There was never all this ignorance and hostility and racism before the *******s appeared. You didn't find all the photoshopped pictures and silly stuff. The boxing community was a really more of a community.

They are the ones who really started discrediting fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    I was trying to say Floyd listened to what Lennox was saying and took the advice. Floyd is known for listening to the commentary as he's fighting.
                    rl]
                    Yeah...like the Bruseles fight.

Comment

I always see the question asked: How will you attack Mayweather? How will you break through his defense?

I suggest a paradigm shift.

How about going in with a plan to DEFEND against Mayweather? How will Floyd feel when he can't hit you at will? When he can't get his offense off? When he feels uncomfortable because he isn't piling up points?

Now, you may ask :"Floyd's offense is not all that. Why should I be worried about his offense?"

That's the person from OUTSIDE the ring saying that. Once you get into the ring, those punches don't feel great. The guy has 25 KO's. Corrales, Hatton. Gatti. Good fighters. He knocked down Marquez. His offense had Shane completely discouraged. He isn't quite the feather-fist you imagine. Guys aren't trying to walk through him.

If I was going to fight Floyd, I would be focused on a BALANCED fight plan. I would be concerned with my defense as much - if not more - than my offense.

Believe me: Floyd expects every opponent to attack him. Judah did. Hatton did. Oscar did. Shane did. Ortiz will.

Flip the script. Give Floyd something to think about. Make him have to come out of his shell OFFENSIVELY.

For discussion....thoughts?

Very well put...but easier said then done...Remember it was Mayweather who stated in his previous fight with Mosley that he would bring the fight to his opponents. My point is that the majority of the top fighters at 147 aren't counter punchers, so they feel uncomfortable fighting going backwards where as Mayweather does...So for his opponents if damn if do damn if you dont...Mayweather takes control of the fight and makes you fight at his tempo...watch the Ricky Hatton fight again and watch how Hatton tries to get Floyd fight his style of fight but Mayweather stays away from Hatton early in the rounds until Hatton slows down and b4 he knows it he was fight at Mayweathers tempo...This **** chess not checkers!

Comment

Working...
                      X