Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
    This goes back to the concentration I was talking about. As Mosley got tired and frustrated, look how an elite fighter becomes almost amateur - what the hell is his left hand doing after that jab? It's low, not even all the way back. He's just pawing it out because he's too apprehensive to throw it with conviction and too caught up in how he can land a clean shot. He's forgotten to do something absolutely basic - bring the hand back quickly and high. When frustrated and tired, as many Mayweather opponents become, things like this happen.

Concentration, concentration, for every second of every minute of every round. You can't throw lazy punches, he punishes them.
    I think it's hard to be concentrated on the external when you're lost in your own head trying to figure out what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
      During floyds early years as a pro fighter, his offensive skill is already at a high level. As he pile up wins after wins, he became conscious and eventually obsessed with maintaining his undefeated record, thus resorted to more defensive stance.

In his fight with mosley, he clearly showed everybody his offensive skill is still there.
      His hands are and/or were messed up at one time as well so he couldn't effectively fight at that great offensive intensity anymore even if he wanted to and still be explosive.

Comment

Its a good theory but Floyd is too disciplined to fall into the trap, he is happy just landing one or two potshots now and then. He won't get frustrated and fall into those kind of traps.

Comment

When opposing Floyd there are certain things you should throw out the window
          1.Fear of being countered
          2.Frustration
          3.Fear of a boring fight

You have to take whatever is give to you. You have to be DISCIPLINED and most of all yo need one of the best jabs around. I agree with your premise DD. Only problem is Floyd adjusts so well if you get defensive he will switch up his game and attack (ala Judah) and he is more than happy to fight inside (ala Hatton).

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            But Spaddy isn't throwing anything that Floyd respects.

You see plenty of these feather-fisted guys who do well against B competition. But once they step up, they flounder. The opponent realizes "Oh, ****, I can't feel his punches".

See hatton-malignaggi.
            hatton malignaggi cant be compared to this type of fight. A young spaddy woth great head movment, and the real key, his angles. I cannot stress the angles enough. with a bit more speed and a cotto sense of timing would outbox floyd. And no not outbox him ridiculously but the uoung spaddys head movement and angles including footwork would be ridiculous, but then again im talking strictly in a fantasy tip, because spaddy doesnt have the speed, incredible timing and is not a natural welterweight.im throwing out if's not facts.

Comment

Watch this.

@ 7:40, Judah lands his Sunday punch. A nice straight left. He then tries to force the action on the ropes, but realizes Mayweather isn't hurt and backs off.

BUT...he doesn't back off all the way. And in the next 30 seconds, Floyd digs Judah hard to the body four times. And the fight turned from there.

My point is that Judah should NOT have been there to absorb those body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                His hands are and/or were messed up at one time as well so he couldn't effectively fight at that great offensive intensity anymore even if he wanted to and still be explosive.
                I believe that his hands are STILL jacked up, and that is (partially) why he takes long breaks between fights.

Comment

Side note: I miss Yoel Judah in the corner.

"Zab, you gotta let your hands go. Like Boom. Bam. Zowwee"

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    Watch this.

@ 7:40, Judah lands his Sunday punch. A nice straight left. He then tries to force the action on the ropes, but realizes Mayweather isn't hurt and backs off.

BUT...he doesn't back off all the way. And in the next 30 seconds, Floyd digs Judah hard to the body four times. And the fight turned from there.

My point is that Judah should NOT have been there to absorb those body shots.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcoa4PpM4v0#t=8m34s

Lennox talks about how Floyd needs to put another punch at the end of the lead right, and then Floyd makes it happen. That some crazy awareness.

Comment

Standing still waiting for Mayweather would not be the smartest thing a boxer can do against him. Are people forgetting about his accuracy, and precision in the ring? Mayweather is arguably the most precise and accurate fighter on the planet. If you stand still waiting for him he will find you, as well as smack you on the chin. His speed is unforeseeable to most; not to many fighters can cope with it. Thus, why his accuracy level is so high. You can't be defensive against him, nor can you outbox him. Those are two of his best traits, and no one is surpassing them. You simply can't out think Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X