Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sept. 17 is around the corner. Wheres the hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    LOL I love how people who watch streams for free do the most complaining hahaha and how they work extra hard to try and convince others NOT to purchase a PPV because they are not going to order it

it is a good card so I will gladly pay my money and watch it in HD instead of sitting on this Forum "begging for links" during the fight lol

why don't some of you just admit that "your Pacquiao fans so you want this PPV to fail because Pacquiao is not involved" because that is the reason for some of these NEGATIVE THREADS towards this excellent card

HBO 24/7 is more then enough promotion for that fight and replaying it on CNN is a BONUS!
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. People need to go out and get a ****ing job and actually pay for the ****. Invite some people over and drink some beer, split the costs, it isn't that hard!

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
      Yeah, where is the hype? Even Mosley/Mayweather had ads in theaters and television months before the fight date. I don't even see commercials for this fight. I won't be buying the PPV though. I'm going to a buddy's place to watch it. I haven't purchased a PPV since Mayweather/Hatton.
      Yeah, Mayweather-Mosley was all over the place I remember- commercials on network tv, cable, etc and the sports writers and networks were all over it. To date, I've only seen one tv ad for Mayweather-Ortiz and it was on late night on ESPN... with less than a month to fight night.

Guess we'll have to wait for the 24/7 (catch the replay on CNN at midnight if you miss the original broadcast) to see if the hype grows, thus far it's at 0.

Its an easy fight for Floyd with a predictable outcome, that is why there is little hype or excitement.
      Yup, that's a big part of Floyd's marketability- the threat to his 0 and Ortiz is a massive underdog and not seen as a real challenge. The only anomaly was Marquez, but that fight had several extra months of promotion due to the mysterious 'rib injury' after poor initial ticket sales.

Comment

Chavez Jr shut this whole card down fighting the legend Hearns.

Comment

Fight will do fine has a solid undercard full of upcoming fighters and is headlined by a top seller fighting a young champion,great night for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            Chavez Jr shut this whole card down fighting the legend Hearns.
            the should call that fight"when legends collide"

Comment

24/7 starts in 7 days

thats when the hype begins

Comment

can't wait for this fight gonna be great

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                  This is a garbage fight.. Ortiz had his heart and soul torn outta him by the C rated Marcos Maidana.. 1 ok win over the hypejob Berto and now Ortiz is suppose to be a threat to MayNever...

The world wants Floyd to grow a pair of balls and fight Pacman, not see another lop sided easy win against a former Light Welter Weight..

Aint really any hype going on about this fight cause people with common sense are scratching their heads thinking "Ortiz, WHY?"
                  Ortiz deserves this match, he has learned from the maidana fight. Also, i think C rated is a bit harsh considering Maidana has probably the heaviest hands at 140. Mayweather was right for picking this fight as ortiz is a test, not as big a test as pacman but still more of a test than an ageing shane mosley for instance. There is a lot of debate regarding Mayweather vs Pacman.. in my opinion i dont think it will happen. Its all in Pacman's hands, if he takes the requested tests then we will probably see the best fight of all time. But im starting to think there is something dodgy about Manny, considering how badly he needs money(mayweather fight would make him millions!) wouldnt you take blood tests? Im pumped for the Mayweather Vs Ortiz. i think in the face-off on hbo mayweather seemed hungry, maybe we will see him adopt the electrifying tactics he did against Gatti or Corrales. Mayweather UD!

Comment

"when legends collide super legends are born"

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                      24/7 starts in 7 days

thats when the hype begins
                      I fell asleep watching HBO' face-off. Lets hope they step it up in 24/7

Comment

Working...
                      X