No announcement yet.

who ranks higher ATG James Toney.... Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    Record wise and legacy wise, its pretty obviously Hopkins. his over 40+ year old wins are just too much to overlook.

But a prime, in shape Toney would have beaten prime Hopkins in my opinion.
    it would have been close. and toney was hardly ever in great shape really. when he was a mw, he was known to gas in later rounds.in fact his stamina improved as time went on as he grew bigger. its crazy i dunno what his training routine was, but it must have been ****.

with that said for an idea of how a toney/hopkins fight would have ween watch mccullum/toney 1. a close fight i remember having toney winning by 1 rnd. mccullum reminds me a whole lot of hopkins.

Comment

Hopkins and it isn't even close.

All you idiots arguing it clearly don't understand the question. Explain to me what toney has done that puts him aheada of Hopkins in terms of accomplishments, please?

Nuff said. You guys are arguing who is teh more skilled fighter and who would win - NONE OF THAT MATTERS.

But if you really want to argue it - I believe Toney loses to hopkins. As i said in another thread.. It's more likely toney comes in out of shape after being fat and trying to shed weight than it is to believe he takes camp seriously and doesn't baloon up inbetween.

All i have to say is Montell Griffin x2 and the second fight wasn't even close. I still have it on my drive, I'll upload it. I've been uploading fights that aren't on the net lately and you cant seem to find that one on youtube, so I'll throw that up next.
      Last edited by intoccabile; 08-18-2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Hopkins

but Toney had all the tools to achieve legendary status.. The man was supremely skilled and had an unbreakable chin.. seems like he hasn't even been stunned once in his career lol

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post

All you idiots arguing it clearly don't understand the question. Explain to me what toney has done that puts him aheada of Hopkins in terms of accomplishments, please?

Nuff said. You guys are arguing who is teh more skilled fighter and who would win - NONE OF THAT MATTERS.

But if you really want to argue it - I believe Toney loses to hopkins. As i said in another thread.. It's more likely toney comes in out of shape after being fat and trying to shed weight than it is to believe he takes camp seriously and doesn't baloon up inbetween.

All i have to say is Montell Griffin x2 and the second fight wasn't even close. I still have it on my drive, I'll upload it. I've been uploading fights that aren't on the net lately and you cant seem to find that one on youtube, so I'll throw that up next.
          ive seen both griffin fights. its been a while. id green k u if u do, but i think i did a few days ago.

Comment

I like James Toney but he's not anywhere near Benard Hopkins maybe if he would've had a bigger commitment in his conditioning he would have been better.

Comment

too bad hopkins ducked toney...we'd be talking about how overrated hopkins is

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                too bad hopkins ducked toney...we'd be talking about how overrated hopkins is
                Overrated compared to who?

He'd still have gone on to do the things he's done. How is nard overrated?

You're an idiot. An absolute idiot.

Let me guess.. If pacquiao loses to Floyd, he's overrated too? Of vice versa.

Yeah.. because a GREAT FIGHTER beats you, you're suddenly overrated. I love boxingscene, i do. Only here can I find this amount of idiocy and zero logic.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post

Wins against Nunn, McCallum are worth more than the entirety of Hopkins's middleweight tenure.

I'm pretty sure James was the youngest middle weight champ in history too, can someone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by Fester View Post
                    Wins against Nunn, McCallum are worth more than the entirety of Hopkins's middleweight tenure.

I'm pretty sure James was the youngest middle weight champ in history too, can someone confirm this?
                    The youngest Middleweight in History is Al McCoy.

Comment

Hopkins prime for prime also beats a prime toney as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X