Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Bute Low-Balled Me, Johnson Can Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kessler's been in with 3 fighters I consider to be better than Bute and only lost to the two that seem to be a class above all others. I said at the time the terms must have ****** ass.

Don't think Bute's at fault just his team. This way Kessler holds far more cards at the negotiating table once he holds a strap himself. They can have a unification as long as Bute beats Johnson and then the winner can look to take on the winner of S6.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      He did say he wanted to fight Bute. All it takes is a reasonable offer.
      In a French interview Bedard ( Interbox ) said that the second offer was a very good one ( not exactly in those words... ). Of course, maybe Kessler think he needs more.

Bedard really tried to get Kessler because he knows Bute's fans are asking for that fight, so he would have made more money with it, that's why i think it was a very good offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
        In a French interview Bedard ( Interbox ) said that the second offer was a very good one ( not exactly in those words... ). Of course, maybe Kessler think he needs more.

Bedard really tried to get Kessler because he knows Bute's fans are asking for that fight, so he would have made more money with it, that's why i think it was a very good offer.
        When was that second offer??

Maybe it was after the negotiations with Stieglitz was over.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          When was that second offer??

Maybe it was after the negotiations with Stieglitz was over.
          Before, but for Kessler i think it's way better to fight Stieglitz, the way i see it, he chose Stieglitz cause the reward is there and the risk are close to none for him. Who can blame him for that ? Of course, here in Montreal it was the fight we all wanted, so it was a deception. We were waiting for an elite fighter and when Kessler, Pavlik and Johnson said no, we didn't want to wait for another year !

I'm glad Johnson took the fight !
          Last edited by Megamasterking; 08-18-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
            If Bute struggled against Andrade - and he was lucky in the first fight - then Johnson is going to give him fits. Johnson blocks punches with his gloves, not his face like Andrade, and he is much more intelligent in his attack.
            Bute sparred Johnson for the Andrade rematch. He's going to win this fight easily.

Comment

So Pavlik doesn't want to fight because he doesn't get Kessler type of money and Kessler 3 months later say this, he waited for Bute to sign because he was too afraid to get a counter offer or make one... Kessler doesn't want to fight Bute because he knows it would be a tough fight... The only offer Bute recieved in 5 years was from Froch, he's the only one that had the balls. Bute and Froch are the only 2 valuable fighters at 168lb, they are the only one who are never in boring fights, and are garanteed to entertain. Kessler is the past and Ward can't even fill his backyard with free tickets, hell he can't even keep his crowd awake.

Comment

So was the low ball offer 3.5M or not?

Comment

this is weird...i thought pavlik turned down the bute fight because he found out he got a much lower offer than what kessler got. now kessler is saying what he got was an unreasonable offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    So was the low ball offer 3.5M or not?
                    Boxingscene quoted Bob Arum for saying that the offer was 750K + undisclosed Showtime amount + Danish TV-rights.

That must be compared to Bute's share consisting of Showtime fee (2M+), the gate, canadian PPV, worldwide tv-rights etc.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      this is weird...i thought pavlik turned down the bute fight because he found out he got a much lower offer than what kessler got. now kessler is saying what he got was an unreasonable offer.
                      According to Arum, Pavlik's info was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X