Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather fought anyone with a skill set as good as Khan's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they ever fight Khan will probaly the 13-17 best huy Floyd has ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
      and he was 2 division...............lighter.....one of the worst cherrypicks in history too............
      yeah but pac beat margs who was 2 to 3 divisions bigger than him why did pac beat him because hes got more skils and talent

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        With all due respect Amir Khan doesn't even have the right to have his name mentioned next to Floyd's, even if the topic were not about boxing. Amir Khan hasn't proven himself in the ring or to be worthy of a fight with Floyd or any other boxer that's proven himself.
        This. All this Mayweather-Khan propaganda is starting to hit home with some of the more easily influenced. Just off the top of my head, 2007 Oscar was better than Amir. Khan's still on his way up.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
          how do you put post in your sig?
          I guess copy and paste. I have never done it I just have seen people do it. I hope you find out how. Man that was just as good as "Jabs don't matter or count" whatever that **** was.

Comment

khans getting way overrated ! beat judah ? so what so have 6 others, maidana please morales lite him up, kotlnik beat him ortiz was putting it on him till he gave up (ortiz now ****s maidanas world up) old barrera ? smashed to pieces by presscot and before you say khan was green or whatever you can use that if you do the same for ortiz's loss vs maidana if not then your a nut hugger.

Its a big problem on this site a guy gets a few wins he's the next coming of christ then he gets beat and its ooo well he wasnt any good anyways..... You might think am chatting **** because i have red karma but thats only because some nut huggers red K'd me because i kept calling them out on there unatural hate for other fighters.

Khan's good but isnt pacquaio,mayweather,hopkins good yet.

Comment

I find it so easy to compare yesteryear to today.
              I believe floyd of then would whoop floyd of now. He was untouchable and fearless then.
              He's still good now, better than any, but i believe a volume high, quick punching w/pop type of fighter like Kahn could give floyd hell.
              It's a game of centimeters, and those punches are getting awful close nowadays. Many landing flush that wouldn't before. Many = very few compared to many other fighters, but more than what floyd would have been touched with in the past.

Comment

The thread title reads: "Has Mayweather fought anyone with a skill set as good as Khan's?:

The answer is yes. Some of these fighters had a higher skill set than Khan as well.

De La Hoya
                Judah
                Marquez
                Mosley
                Augustus
                Corley

All of these guys possess a higher skill set than Khan or at the very least equal skill set to Khan.

Dont confuse physical gifts with a skill set.

ODLH although older, and not in prime form when he faced Floyd, has a more diverse and polished skill set than Khan currently does and for proof look at his fights before the Mayorga fight.

Judah also has a superior skill set to Khan but Judah has always had a mental problem when the going gets tough and just because Khan beat him doesnt mean that Judahs skill set isnt better. Sometimes fighters with the better skills dont win, thats just the way it goes sometimes.

Marquez is way more skilled than Khan when it comes to just skill set. Khan has him beat in physical gifts like athleticism and speed but those are not skills they are gifts. Marquez is a boxing brain and his skill set is by far higher than Khans.

Mosley also has a decent skill set although he fights in spurts because of his athleticism so I would say that his and Khans are about equal.

Corley I believe has a better skill set than Khan does, but Khan has beaten Maidana, and Corley couldnt but that doesnt mean that Khans skill set is superior it just means that Khan beat him and Corley didnt. Skill set is just that, skill set.

Augustus is just ridiculous with his skill set,he was so unorthodox and awkward that you didnt know if he was a southpaw, an orthodox fighter or anything, he would just stand in front of you and do the most insane **** you could think of and then catch you in the mouth with a counter and dance off so to me his skill set is superior to Khans as well.

Now dont get skill set and physical gifts confused or the fact that Khan has beaten fighters that are on this list or that Khan has beaten fighters that fighters on this list couldnt beat as a reason to say Khan has a higher skill set because that is not the case here because we are talking about just skill set like the title says.

Khan is skilled no doubt, he works behind a fast long jab and he throws combos but when I say that he is not as skilled as the other guys except for Mosley, I am talking about his horrible footwork, the way he seems to lunge at fighters and his feet are moving ahead of his hands and he looks kind of sloppy, also how he doesnt really have any defense. His defense consist of backing off as fast as he can and circling away from his opponents in wide circles. He also cant fight on the inside if his life depended on it. He also seems to be limited in his offensive arsenal, he throws the 1-2 almost every other second when he fights and if somebody took that away from him like Hopkins did to Pavlik, I think Khan would be in deep ****.

So in my opinion, yes Floyd has faced fighters with superior skill set to Khans and I believe that if they happen to fight and Floyd is not out of his prime by then, then Floyd will Ko him.
                Last edited by PunchesNbuncheS; 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

has khan ever fought anyone nearly as good as floyd?

Comment

What skillset? He isnt a beast counter puncher or some defensive mastermind. The dude just has fast hands. he gets off first with flurries then gets out side stepping around the ring.

His defense is to cover up, nothing more, nothing less. There isn't a whole lot going on with Khan.. he's got an average style, he's just faster than most and has good legs.

Comment

Originally posted by ajohnz View Post
                      I am a mayweather fan, but i was just thinking about this. I don't think anyone he's fought has had as good of a skill set as amir khan. I'd still pic mayweather though

Edit: please list the fighter(s) if you say yes
                      I don't know what you mean by "skill set", but you are seriously overrating Khan if you think he has some of the best skills in boxing or skills better than some of the people Mayweather has fought. You obviously haven't been following boxing very long or you are one of those people who jump on every fad or new thing and declare it the greatest ever. There are numerous people that Mayweather has fought who have better skills than Khan. Among them are: Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castille, Juan Manuel Marquez, De La Hoya, Mosley and even Victor Ortiz. If Khan fights Mayweather, Mayweather will KO him faster than he did Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                      X