No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liakhovich Aims To Exploits Robert Helenius' Flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liakhovich Aims To Exploits Robert Helenius' Flaws

SCOTTSDALE, Arizona – Former World Boxing Organization (“WBO”) Heavyweight Champion Sergei “The White Wolf” Liakhovich is primed and set to challenge defending champion Robert “The Nordic Nightmare” Helenius for the WBO and World Boxing Association (“WBA”) Inter-Continental titles, next Saturday (Aug. 27) in a 12-round bout airing live in the United States from Efurt, Germany on the EPIX cable network.

[Click Here To Read More]

If Lyakhovich is at his very best and has the right game plan, he definitely has a chance of winning. He's a very good fighter.

But Helenius is very strong. His jabs and body punches have discouraged other opponents. And Robert appears to be in great shape for this fight.

Comment

this is only his 2nd fight in several years & he isn't fighting a jm,he is fighting potentially the best heavyweight outside the klitschkos. he's got all the tools & the size to match up with either klitschko.i think the inactivity will hinder sergei & give him little to no chance of beating helenius. he may have made a serious mistake not taking "3 times"the paycheck vs a klitschko.

Comment

Sergei is going down, he is definitely past it. Good fight for Helenius though, and he should win by KO.

Comment

I'll be rooting for Liakhovich, but I think Helenius will win by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            If Lyakhovich is at his very best and has the right game plan, he definitely has a chance of winning. He's a very good fighter.

But Helenius is very strong. His jabs and body punches have discouraged other opponents. And Robert appears to be in great shape for this fight.
            If this version of Liakhovich shows up, we could see an upset.

Comment

Is this Helenius guy any good? I saw before he had a couple of decent names on his resume but haven gotten the chance to see him fight yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                Is this Helenius guy any good? I saw before he had a couple of decent names on his resume but haven gotten the chance to see him fight yet.
                He has one-punch KO power and deceptively quick handspeed. You don't notice it at first, but after awhile you see that he's quite crafty in there.

But he's flat-footed and seems rather plodding.

He's been steadily improving - he says he never too boxing seriously until after he turned pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  He has one-punch KO power and deceptively quick handspeed. You don't notice it at first, but after awhile you see that he's quite crafty in there.

But he's flat-footed and seems rather plodding.

He's been steadily improving - he says he never too boxing seriously until after he turned pro.
                  How do you see him doing against the top 10 of the hw division excluding the Klits for now?

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    How do you see him doing against the top 10 of the hw division excluding the Klits for now?
                    Chambers would be a difficult style match-up for him, I think Eddie would win by decision. Adamek might survive the distance and win a close decision.

Thompson is easier to hit, he would be a better match-up for Helenius.

Haye would be too elusive to get stopped, but might lose a decision because of his low work-rate.

Arreola and Povetkin are easy to hit and would likely get KOed, but might test his chin. Chagaev would likely lose a decision. Dimitrenko would be KOed for sure.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 08-17-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X