Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everybody forgot about Juanma...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People have forgotten about Juanma because he's looked horribly bad and dumb in his last two fights. And it's not even about the way he's looked lately, it's a pattern that doesn't look too promising.

The guy turns dumb and instinctal as soon as he gets hit.

He is still a fun and entertaining fighter to watch but the hype has worn down as far as him being that alpha force in the division. He is as vulnerable as anyone in the division.

Comment

I haven't heard ****e from Gamboa either

Comment

Puerto Ricans like myself never thought Juanma was that good in the first place. Nice combinations and power don't really mean much if you footwork is so bad you can't throw punches coming forward. His has worse defense and head movement than Cotto and really he is just a poor mans Tito who I think was overrated as well. I had Gamboa squashing Juanma after the Marquez fight, Juanma looked terrible IMO as he simply isn't that good, just about everything about Juanma is Tito Jr. really. From his fighting style to his persona, I'm sorry but being all smiles and just screaming PUERTO RICO like Don King doesn't mean I'm going to be fan.

That being said, Mexicans saying our guys fell off or we stop following them... Only people who are ignorant follow their own countrymen, even if Cotto wasn't PR he would still be my favorite fighter. I like his style, his no BS attitude and doesn't make excuses those are things I find admirable in a fighter and have more to do with me liking him other than him just being boricua. With that said I'm half Cuban and I like Gamboa but he isn't my second favorite fighter. Behind Cotto is Carl Froch for the same reason I like Cotto, no BS and that's simply how a fighter should act IMO.

Comment

lol. they're trying to swiftboat puerto rico.

what do you expect? for posters to nuthug him? anyone who'd do that would be called delusional.
          so what exactly do you want "ricans" to do?
          if it isn't one thing is the other.

ya'll just want something and someone to argue about every time that time of the month comes by. so, **** this thread.

Originally posted by wazaa 2.0 View Post
          That's what Ricans do.

They did the same to Cotto until the plaster was discovered in Margarito's gloves.

You can say whatever you want about Mexicans but they never abandon their fighters. Even if they have cheated.
          watch your ass wazza.

Comment

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post
            You silly fool,trinidads guaze wasn't sent to UCLA and tested positive for plaster of paris.

So another bail out? A clear low blow was seen on live televison and your worried about mares head being pulled down which was hardly talked abt through the fight.you must must be blinder then that ref.anything to justify pride how you would say.

And the wbc takes the cake.congratulations
            Doesn't matter. The same guy caught Trinidad.

Only reason you're saying that it takes the cake is cause the Ricans fighting for or already have those belts don't come through. Look at that one Rican prospect that hasn't done jack **** and is already in line for a WBO belt. WBC is a joke as well don't get me wrong but you Ricans cry for every little thing if it involves PR.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Juanma is chasing Salido but Salido is taking other fights. They are looking for some opponent for Lopez nad the Salido fight might line up after that. Juanma is a KO artist and will always have fans if he keeps KOing some competition.

He has a leaky defense and he is fun to watch but that is his downfall
              He is fun to watch.

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Really all the low blows came due to Agbeko pulling his head down. Even the knockdown one?
              Can't you not read?? MOST of them were Agbeko pulling his head down. Some weren't legit though. The knockdown one wasn't but none of us were in Mora's shoes.

Originally posted by elgu View Post
              True boxing fans follow the sport and then worry about backing their own men. Mares has no excuse except that a corrupt ref allowed him to repeatedly hit low. Im from Puerto Rico and i had no problem saying that Juanma was overrated before he met Salido I just think it's a pity we didn't get the Juanma/Gamboa fight.
              We didn't get the JuanMa/Gamboa fight thanks to Arum milking it and it went all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                And then say losses don't mean anything, being undefeated doesn't mean anything. Their fighter loses their 0 and they're no longer talked about in fantasy fights against SRR and Ali.

doesn't matter. lets be honest, the worst PR fighter is still better then the best DR fighter, and that's why you're sad.

Comment

Working...
                X