Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute-Glen Johnson Deal Reached For Nov. 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight should show us a little bit more of what Bute is made of. It's a big step up from the Andrade's and Miranda's, but not elite level like he's supposed to be fighting. I understand he wanted Kessler, that's good for him, but I think he wanted Kessler cause he didn't look THAT good in hs comeback fight, even though he won by stoppage. Bute was eager to fight Kessler for a reason. With a good win over Stieglitz, Kessler would be completely ready and no longer rusty. Johnson>Pavlik BTW. I like this fight more.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      I thought he couldn't KO Andrade.

He also KO'd Zungia in 4.

A guy Cloud couldn't KO
      Johnson is bigger and harder to KO, let alone to beat, than Andrade and Zuniga. Those 2 are a pack of levels under Johnson, in every department.

Comment

Not impressive? Kessler looked very sharp in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          I think Bute has a decent shot at the KO.
          johnson is slowing down big time. I expected more energy from johnson against froch.

Comment

I knew that Johnson had the balls to fight Bute, he's a warrior who doesn't fear anyone. Good for boxing. I was surprise when he refuse the first offer. It show's that Bute is making serious offers and that Kessler and Pavlik DID refuse to fight him for some reasons, but it was not about the money.

Bute should win that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Bute gets hated on because of his opposition most of which is not really his fault but he has insane ko power at 168, very good speed, and will land all day on Glen who is getting older and won't have his punch resistance forever.
              Originally posted by wazaa 2.0 View Post
              My 10M to your 10M that Bute doesn't stop Johnson.
              Spray avoiding me like I'm vagina.

Comment

Very good fight. Andrade's pressure got to Bute in their first fight. Bute is a great body puncher and he is going to throw a lot of body shots. If you wanna KO a guy that never been stopped before and got a great chin then go to the body. Bute's uppercut is also very good. However Johnson has sparred with Bute so I think he's coming into this fight confident. You can never write off someone like Johnson. If he's able to have some early success then this fight could be very entertaining.

Comment

Bute-Johnson fight, finally.

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
                  I knew that Johnson had the balls to fight Bute, he's a warrior who doesn't fear anyone. Good for boxing. I was surprise when he refuse the first offer. It show's that Bute is making serious offers and that Kessler and Pavlik DID refuse to fight him for some reasons, but it was not about the money.

Bute should win that fight.
                  Yes, it's good for entire world of boxing Johnson accepted finally fighting Bute.
                  If the first offer was less than 350k,now Johnson accepted the second offer
                  which is more than 500k.So, it will be two big fights on November5 the both
                  being on Showtime-the fight Kessler-Stieglitz in Copenhagen before according
                  to Europe hours(7 hours difference) .I can't wait.

Comment

I am happy for Johnson because he is one of the few good guys in boxing that deserves every payday he gets, but I want Bute to face Ward/Froch/Kessler already.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb View Post
                      Johnson will be the best fighter Bute's ever fought by far.

I'm excited.
                      Miranada ( at the time ) and adrande 2x > 2011 johnson

Bute is gonna seriously harm this guy, and all you bute haters will make excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X