Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would be Favored Against Victor coming off a Two-Year Layoff?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Pacquiao and Floyd.

But, why a 2 year layoff? That was quite random.
    It was a question in another thread that Seemed like a good discussion point. "ALmost 2 year layoff" would be better. I'm of the opinion no one including manny would be favored against Vic coming off such a layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      It was a question in another thread that Seemed like a good discussion point. "ALmost 2 year layoff" would be better. I'm of the opinion no one including manny would be favored against Vic coming off such a layoff.
      what makes Ortiz so good, beating Berto? :laugh:
      Floyd fans trying too hard to up Floyd-Ortiz
      it's a credible fight for Floyd, but not a threatening one
      layoff means shit, Ortiz can't lace Floyd or Pac's shoes

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        People forget:

1. Tyson (arguably 2-3 times if you had Williams & McBride)
        2. Surgar Ray Leonard 3x
        3. Foreman 2x

All had long layoffs before returning to the ring. Look at the above fighters competion and their performance and you will see it doesn't compare to Mayweather's.

If the above HOF'ers had difficult times coming back against subpar competition, why do so many people discredit Mayweather?
        No one asked Floyd to go on vacation though. Going on vacations shouldn't be an excuse for fighting subpar opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          Are you absolutely sure Freddie would not match Manny with someone much softer if Manny took off for 2 years and came back?

How would you know for certain?

i dont think that was the question bro

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            what makes Ortiz so good, beating Berto? :laugh:
            Floyd fans trying too hard to up Floyd-Ortiz
            it's a credible fight for Floyd, but not a threatening one
            layoff means shit, Ortiz can't lace Floyd or Pac's shoes
            Jack I am not arrguing Vic is great or the fight greater. Its a simple question. I can't see a higher "threat" level for floyd other than manny. Which would you attribute the low threat level: Vic's weaknesses or floyd's strengths?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
              No one asked Floyd to go on vacation though. Going on vacations shouldn't be an excuse for fighting subpar opponents.
              You call it vacation, other people call it layoff.

Either way you look at it, Tyson, Foreman, and Leonard all did the same. Obviously they didn't have the same reasons for their personal layoffs, but it's the same concept.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                i dont think that was the question bro
                You sure ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                  Who would be Favored Against Victor coming off a Two-Year Layoff?

Would Pacquiao be considered the favorite if he took off 2 years and returned to the ring against the current #2 welter weight champion?

OR

Would they match Many with someone much less of a threat as a tune up?
                  1. He's name is Ortiz. Lets not make it seem bigger than what it really is by saying #2 WW champ. That is more on how whack the WW division is than what Ortiz has accomplished at WW.

2. Yes Pac would be favorite coming off a long layoff against Ortiz. Why would anyone think otherwise? Pac is on a whole different level than Ortiz. Just like Floyd is.

Both Floyd and Pac are on a whole different level than all the other WWs.

Your last question has nothing to do with what the thread is about.

Would Malignaggi fight Ortiz coming off a long layoff? I doubt it. But, that's not what the question is about.

The question if Selcuk Aydin would be favorite over Ortiz coming off a long layoff. I doubt it.

Would Pac be favorite and would Pac fight Ortiz coming off a long layoff are two different questions.

Pac being favorite over Ortiz is the answer to the TS question.

Your question is irrelevant or totally different than what the thread is about.

Comment

Jack I am not arrguing Vic is great or the fight greater. Its a simple question. I can't see a higher "threat" level for floyd other than manny. Which would you attribute the low threat level: Vic's weaknesses or floyd's strengths?
                    Ortiz not a bum
                    but he's a bum compared to Floyd
                    the guy has no chance
                    don't mean Floyd gets no props for beating him, he does

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      Way to find SRL best return fight and forget about the rest.
                      Was I not suppose to do that?

Why would you ask such a question and then act like mentioning Hagler is not allowed?

Comment

Working...
                      X