Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: If I Hit Ward's Jaw, I'll Do Serious Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward wide UD.

Comment

• I don't know why Froch thinks he's this big knockout puncher?

His only notable KO was against a faded Jermaine Taylor, during a fight which he was losing.

Now, I will say this. I've seen Ward get seriously hurt early in his career. But since then, he's made up for his so called "suspect chin".

I like/respect Froch (i.e courage & heart), but if he's coming into this fight thinking he is this big knockout puncher, he's in for a rude awakening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
        If you go back through Ward's fights they are extremely boring. His style is not conducive to becoming a true star as per Mayweather, Pacquaio or Martinez.
        Are you claiming that Hopkins isn't a star? He may make less money than the three you named, but in hardcore boxing circles he's a legend, and his style is no more entertaining than Ward's. In fact they're very similar in many ways. And Hopkins may not be as rich as the three you mentioned, but he's still extremely wealthy. (And actually he's richer than Mayweather because he doesn't blow his money, he invests it.)
        Last edited by Dave Rado; 08-10-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
          he doesn't have to fear anything from ward except for wards head, andre has no power whatsoever
          If that were true all his opponents would have walked through his punches, but instead he walked all over them. You're confusing knock-out power with power per se, which only someone who doesn't understand boxing would do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
            If that were true all his opponents would have walked through his punches, but instead he walked all over them. You're confusing knock-out power with power per se, which only someone who doesn't understand boxing would do.
            all his opponents did walk through his punches
            he has what, 1 fight where the guy stays down for the count? and it's a bum what a suprise

ward has no power you idiot, i remember laughing my ass off at the replay in the bika fight where it exposed ward of having the punch technique of a little girl and unless your margarito or juan diaz no one likes getting touched up, power or no power, someone who hasn't boxed wouldn't understand

"if he has no power why dont you just walk at him with your hands down and let him touch your face?"
            ****in armchair warriors
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 08-11-2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
              Are you claiming that Hopkins isn't a star? He may make less money than the three you named, but in hardcore boxing circles he's a legend, and his style is no more entertaining than Ward's. In fact they're very similar in many ways. And Hopkins may not be as rich as the three you mentioned, but he's still extremely wealthy. (And actually he's richer than Mayweather because he doesn't blow his money, he invests it.)

Hopkins has personality though, Ward is even more boring outside the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                I don't know why Froch thinks he's this big knockout puncher?

His only notable KO was against a faded Jermaine Taylor, during a fight which he was losing.

Now, I will say this. I've seen Ward get seriously hurt early in his career. But since then, he's made up for his so called "suspect chin".

I like/respect Froch (i.e courage & heart), but if he's coming into this fight thinking he is this big knockout puncher, he's in for a rude awakening.
                I don't think Froch is coming into the fight thinking KO,he said these same things before he fought Johnson..He knows he does have power and believes in it nothing wrong with that..

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Hopkins has personality though, Ward is even more boring outside the ring.
                  I don't find Ward boring,I find him to be smart and easy to listen too..He not like Froch but how many fighters are??

Comment

• Froch must keep pressuring this guy, Ward has shown he doesn't like too much pressure, doesn't like swarmers and pressure fighters like Bika. Froch can wear him out, he must try anyway. And land as many bodyshots as possible.

Comment

• lmaooooo froch is indirectly saying that all he got is a punchers chance

Comment

Working...
                      X