No announcement yet.

Pac vs Martinez who do you think wins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    I'm really not impressed with Martinez and the only reason this would be a fight is because Sergio would have a 20 plus weight advantage.

With that said Pacquiao still beats him but what I don't like is Sergio and his team lying saying they would struggle to make 154 in an attempt to get Manny at Floyd to fight at 155 or higher. Straight up b1tch move and to be honest Martinez can make 153 or even 152 if he wanted to. Why do I say this; the proof is in the pudding, because Martinez has always come in a little under the 154 limit, was forced towards a catchweight against Williams, and only fought pavlik at 160 because of the money and glory that came along with a possible win.

If he couldn't make 154, then that means hes a solid MW, and if that's the case why can't he fight any of the SMW champs? Funny how he becomes a small MW/JMW when Bute, Ward or any other big name gets mentioned as an opponent...smfh.
    This is the one thing I take issue with Sergio Martinez. I like him a lot so I'm not here to bash him in the least but... If Sergio can't be made to go up in weight, and he can't be made to go down in weight - but the man wants to become the #1pd4pd someday before he leaves the sport, all while wanting the biggest PAYING fights there are with the biggest names in the sport before he retires... I don't understand how he expects to do that. Even his own trainer, while in defense of why Sergio COULDN'T and shouldn't be made to go up in weight (I believe his exact words were "these idiots"), said that Sergio is a big WELTER WEIGHT. But yet he also can't be made to go down in weight to get those big paydays because it would drain him so dramatically that he wouldn't be effective and that would be 'unfair'. People talk about Pacquiao always demanding 'unfair advantages', however atleast he made some consessions in order to make fights happen (even if they weren't exactly the fights we wanted to see). I'm not saying that it's right or wrong so I don't want to get into a whole Pacquiao done everyone wrong debate. I simply want to point out that at this time Martinez hasn't made any attempts to go up or down to the divisions it would require him to get those big money fights against the big money players. As it is now, he's sitting in the middle of the road saying 'No one wants to fight me'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
      This is the one thing I take issue with Sergio Martinez. I like him a lot so I'm not here to bash him in the least but... If Sergio can't be made to go up in weight, and he can't be made to go down in weight - but the man wants to become the #1pd4pd someday before he leaves the sport, all while wanting the biggest PAYING fights there are with the biggest names in the sport before he retires... I don't understand how he expects to do that. Even his own trainer, while in defense of why Sergio COULDN'T and shouldn't be made to go up in weight (I believe his exact words were "these idiots"), said that Sergio is a big WELTER WEIGHT. But yet he also can't be made to go down in weight to get those big paydays because it would drain him so dramatically that he wouldn't be effective and that would be 'unfair'. People talk about Pacquiao always demanding 'unfair advantages', however atleast he made some consessions in order to make fights happen (even if they weren't exactly the fights we wanted to see). I'm not saying that it's right or wrong so I don't want to get into a whole Pacquiao done everyone wrong debate. I simply want to point out that at this time Martinez hasn't made any attempts to go up or down to the divisions it would require him to get those big money fights against the big money players. As it is now, he's sitting in the middle of the road saying 'No one wants to fight me'.
      This right here is on point...

Comment

Bump thread....

Comment

Originally posted by I am God
          It would be a great fight,action packed and i wanna see it
          I agree with this..

Comment

Working...
          X