• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent work by Donovan.

Comment

Fine article by Donovan.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
        This- though you'd have to acknowledge it doesn't look good.
        it looks bad. it just seemed donavon and the first poster were, as he put it, "putting the nail in kelly's career."

kelly has some problems, we know this.

i just hope he's able to work them out before he really does implode and throw his career away over something thats clearly psychological.
        Last edited by texasboi15; 08-03-2011, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          it looks bad. it just seemed donavon and the first poster were, as he put it, "putting the nail in kelly's career."

kelly has some problems, we know this.

i just hope he's able to work them out before he really does implode and throw his career away over something thats clearly psychological.
          You've got to understand, Donovan being an experienced boxing writer, he's giving you the general consensus among guys in the industry.

Taking that into account, I disagree with you. I don't think he was as hard on Kelly as most will be, and most are off the record. What he presented was factual and, while he weighed in, he didn't overdo it with his opinion. Good balance.

Comment

Jake Donovan will go down as one of the best writers among a generation.

Comment

Listen to his interview online somehwere, it's irresponsible to come on here and write something you don't have the facts on.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
                Listen to his interview online somehwere, it's irresponsible to come on here and write something you don't have the facts on.
                So then give us your alternative take, why don't you. I'm sure a lot of people here are thirsty for knowledge about the situation.

And it is a bit presumptuous to assume that Donovan hasn't done his research.

Comment

its funny how all you people who shout WAR Pavlik before his fights and have high hopes for him all just shun him away when he decides boxing may not be best for him.

You cry that people come back to the sport when they should stay retired because they could get injured even though it's their choice.

Give the guy a break there are obviously things wrong with him inside himself and outside of the squared circle.

I understand you were looking forward to the match this weekend and yeah he probably should have pulled out before actual fight week but if he goes in there looks trash doesnt have his mind on the game then you all cut him off anyway.

I hope maybe he can pull himself together get his mind in the right place and maybe return if not I dont wish a **** life on him because he made his own choice.

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
                    its funny how all you people who shout WAR Pavlik before his fights and have high hopes for him all just shun him away when he decides boxing may not be best for him.

You cry that people come back to the sport when they should stay retired because they could get injured even though it's their choice.

Give the guy a break there are obviously things wrong with him inside himself and outside of the squared circle.

I understand you were looking forward to the match this weekend and yeah he probably should have pulled out before actual fight week but if he goes in there looks trash doesnt have his mind on the game then you all cut him off anyway.

I hope maybe he can pull himself together get his mind in the right place and maybe return if not I dont wish a **** life on him because he made his own choice.

Who gives a dam I can understand if this one time two or even three times which is pushing it. But 5 times is bull shiiiit He is a white fighter and because of it he got more chances then a minority would so in the end day fuuuukkkkkkkkk kelly I dont belive any excuse who gives so bring in the new fighters cause the pig is done.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                      Who gives a dam I can understand if this one time two or even three times which is pushing it. But 5 times is bull shiiiit He is a white fighter and because of it he got more chances then a minority would so in the end day fuuuukkkkkkkkk kelly I dont belive any excuse who gives so bring in the new fighters cause the pig is done.
                      you must be an african american or some minority who still thinks racism runs rampid in everything talking like that. Regardless of if he is a white fighter or black fighter he fought hard and earned his opportunity until lately when demons inside held him back from showing his full potential. It was his fighting style that people loved to see and wanted more of. Fighters like that are hard to come by and dont always last long in the sport but always have the spotlight with the hopes of the next great fight.

So quit your racism cries and start talking boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X