Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight on the undercard of Mayweather vs Ortiz are you most excited about?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fight on the undercard of Mayweather vs Ortiz are you most excited about?

What fight on the undercard of Mayweather vs Ortiz are you most excited about?

Erik Morales vs Lucas Matthysse

Jesse Vargas vs Josesito Lopez

Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Gomez

Jhonny Gonzalez vs Elio Rojas

Erik Morales vs Lucas Matthysse
    66.67%
    Jesse Vargas vs Josesito Lopez
    0.00%
    Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Gomez
    23.33%
    Jhonny Gonzalez vs Elio Rojas
    10.00%

all are good but the answer is obvious

Comment

Elio Rojas vs Jhonny Gonzalez of course. Two excellent counter punching, technicians.

Comment

Watching Morales vs. Maidana, which is a PPV that I ordered, was a hell of a roller coaster ride. I felt like a kid watching WWF the way I was going for Morales. I'll do the same for Erik vs. Matthysse. Much respect for El Terrible for fighting back-to-back relentless fighters from Argentine.

The "Star Power" PPV is going to be a hell of a card.

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
          Watching Morales vs. Maidana, which is a PPV that I ordered, was a hell of a roller coaster ride. I felt like a kid watching WWF the way I was going for Morales. I'll do the same for Erik vs. Matthysse. Much respect for El Terrible for fighting back-to-back relentless fighters from Argentine.

The "Star Power" PPV is going to be a hell of a card.
          He deserves respect but at the same time I feel like he also thinks these are the best matchups for him. If he faces pure boxers or speed guys right now then he would probably have a hard time

Comment

would have to go with alvarez/gomez. alfonso seems like he isn't there to pickup a paycheck and really wants to give saul a challenge, i'm really hoping he does.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              He deserves respect but at the same time I feel like he also thinks these are the best matchups for him. If he faces pure boxers or speed guys right now then he would probably have a hard time
              You are absolutely right. But this is Erik Morales fighting Matthysse. Many think this guy beat both Zab and Alexander, and they have a good argument. Morales was scheduled to fight a no-hoper for the 140-pound gift title, but now Golden Boy offers this guy. And he takes it. That's incredible, when you look at what most boxers do in regards to choosing their fights with the utmost caution.

Comment

1. Morales-Matthysse

2. Vargas-Lopez

3. Gonzalez-Rojas

4. Canelo-Gomez

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Matthysse = hard time

ask khan.....

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
                    You are absolutely right. But this is Erik Morales fighting Matthysse. Many think this guy beat both Zab and Alexander, and they have a good argument. Morales was scheduled to fight a no-hoper for the 140-pound gift title, but now Golden Boy offers this guy. And he takes it. That's incredible, when you look at what most boxers do in regards to choosing their fights with the utmost caution.
                    Yes & NO. That would be true in a normal case but EM is a legend & he's old. He should and probably only wants big name fights at this stage. Its just like Floyd coming straight back with Ortiz. People can talk about Spadafora, Malinaggi, and all the guys they want but Floyd is done with those fights now just like Pac is. The EM situation is a lil different but he doesnt have that many more fights left so there is no use of wasting them.

Also, dont be shocked if Morales wins but I actually probably mean that Matthysse loses. It reminds me of the NFL. Alot of times you see an underdog team play 2 teams they shouldnt beat but they give them hell and end up losing when everyone knows they shouldve won both games. Then they start getting alot of attention & hype. The next game they play a team that is solid but people think they should win because of how they just played those 2 great teams, but they end up still losing.

Sometimes even when you think you won, an L is still an L. They add up mentally. If that NFL team had won 1 or both of those games then they wouldve beat that 3rd team but it brings you down some. I could see that happening to Matthysse. Then people will look at him totally different. Its like everyone thinks he won those 2 fights but if he loses to EM then it changes to him not getting the benefit anymore and people will just feel like he has 3 losses. Its crazy how things work

Comment

Working...
                    X