Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight on the undercard of Mayweather vs Ortiz are you most excited about?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
    Matthysse = hard time

ask khan.....
    Why would we have to ask Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
      would have to go with alvarez/gomez. alfonso seems like he isn't there to pickup a paycheck and really wants to give saul a challenge, i'm really hoping he does.
      Gomez is crap man. A WW who doesn't have any pop on his punches and has below average speed. He's gonna get destroyed.

Answer is obvious. Morales-Matthyse is a main event fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Yes & NO. That would be true in a normal case but EM is a legend & he's old. He should and probably only wants big name fights at this stage. Its just like Floyd coming straight back with Ortiz. People can talk about Spadafora, Malinaggi, and all the guys they want but Floyd is done with those fights now just like Pac is. The EM situation is a lil different but he doesnt have that many more fights left so there is no use of wasting them.

Also, dont be shocked if Morales wins but I actually probably mean that Matthysse loses. It reminds me of the NFL. Alot of times you see an underdog team play 2 teams they shouldnt beat but they give them hell and end up losing when everyone knows they shouldve won both games. Then they start getting alot of attention & hype. The next game they play a team that is solid but people think they should win because of how they just played those 2 great teams, but they end up still losing.

Sometimes even when you think you won, an L is still an L. They add up mentally. If that NFL team had won 1 or both of those games then they wouldve beat that 3rd team but it brings you down some. I could see that happening to Matthysse. Then people will look at him totally different. Its like everyone thinks he won those 2 fights but if he loses to EM then it changes to him not getting the benefit anymore and people will just feel like he has 3 losses. Its crazy how things work
        Here is why I disagree with you:

Erik was already set up to fight someone he would most definitely beat. That guy couldn't get his paperwork together, so it is my opinion that he could've got another guy to sign for the fight that he would surely beat. I think that it didn't matter who he was fighting. Why? Because he is on the undercard of a Mayweather fight, Canelo is also fighting on the (PPV) card, and he is fighting to be the first Mexican to win a title in 4 different divisions. In other words, he didn't need a competitive opponent for a selling point. Therefore, he didn't need to get in tough.

Yes, he doesn't have many fights left, but getting a belt will make him much more money in future fights. So he could've went easy. But he didn't. This guy Mattyhsse is very strong and dangerous.
        Last edited by BesWorldChamp; 08-02-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Is the gonzalez vs rojas official? And will it be televised in the ppv?

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
            Here is why I disagree with you:

Erik was already set up to fight someone he would most definitely beat. That guy couldn't get his paperwork together, so it is my opinion that he could've got another guy to sign for the fight that he would surely beat. I think that it didn't matter who he was fighting. Why? Because he is on the undercard of a Mayweather fight, Canelo is also fighting on the (PPV) card, and he is fighting to be the first Mexican to win a title in 4 different divisions. In other words, he didn't need a competitive opponent for a selling point. Therefore, he didn't need to get in tough.

Yes, he doesn't have many fights left, but getting a belt will make him much more money in future fights. So he could've went easy. But he didn't. This guy Mattyhsse is very strong and dangerous.
            Trust me, I love Matthyhsse and I give EM mad credit for this fight. Everything you say is true but I think he feels that this guy is Maidana or a poor man's Maidana. He feels that people probably werent hot on the Khan fight right now but if he beats this guy after what just happened with Maidana then he'll get that Khan fight. Either way, its a great fight and EM should definitely get credit for it. He has balls but we always knew that. Cant wait to see this card at the Theater

Comment

Who said Rojas vs jhonny is a go? I just heard rumors

Comment

it's one of the best undercards in years but Morales vs Matthysse is the fight I want to watch good match making by Golden Boy.

Comment

I like Matthyse-Morales and Alvarez-Gomez. Two fights where action is guaranteed.

Comment

Matthyse-Morales will be a war for as long as it lasts, but I think Erik's time may be up. Matthyse is as tough and rugged as Maidana, and I'd say a little better technically.

Alvarez-Gomez is a fun fight where Gomez will have his moments. Even if he doesn't, which is possible, he'll be there for Alvarez to serve up a one-sided beating.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                      Elio Rojas vs Jhonny Gonzalez of course. Two excellent counter punching, technicians.
                      This right here ^

Comment

Working...
                      X