No announcement yet.

Not making fun of Juanma but.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not making fun of Juanma but.....

Isn't it orinic that a guy of his stature needs to take a tune up to be ready for some bum? I think he was exposed and beat down by that feather fisted journeyman, Mtagwa, and Salido is just a clumsy B-level fighter. Juanma had no business getting knocked out by a bum like him.

Now, who in the ****ing the hell is Juanma gonna use as a "tune up?" Imagine what Abner Mares or Gamboa would have done to Juanma....I wish him luck but he may be done.

he should have had the tune up a long time ago...

he looksfat and has been inactive for a along time

Comment

I'm no Juanma fan, I legit think he's pedestrian and nothing special at all....but it wasn't his idea to take a tune up. He's been pushing for the immediate rematch and Salido is the one who delayed it and now all the TV dates are taken up.

Nothing against Salido, I don't think he owes Lopez a rematch. He went to Puerto Rico and decisively knocked his ass out....it was pretty conclusive. Just saying, there's a ton of **** you can criticize Lopez for but this aint one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        Isn't it orinic that a guy of his stature needs to take a tune up to be ready for some bum? I think he was exposed and beat down by that feather fisted journeyman, Mtagwa, and Salido is just a clumsy B-level fighter. Juanma had no business getting knocked out by a bum like him.

Now, who in the ****ing the hell is Juanma gonna use as a "tune up?" Imagine what Abner Mares or Gamboa would have done to Juanma....I wish him luck but he may be done.
        He was never that good. I remember that fiht with Mtagwa in which he survived the last rounds by moving around and he wasn't knocked out just because he at least showed a good chin to survive. Then he was knocked down against Concepcion, but he was able to knock him out because he was more powerful than the Filipino boxer. Then he was finally beaten by Salido, a hard guy with good punching power and a great chin. Yeah, a clumsy boxer with B level skills, but that was certainly enough to take advantage of JuanMa terrible defence, which by the way was already exposed before by some boxers who were even worse than Salido.

All the credit for Orlando, he gave everything and fought like a warrior, and for Juanma, well as I've said, he just wasn't as good as lots of guys were saying.

Comment

The only thing he has ever had are tune-ups! What a joke. The biggest hype job I've seen in some time. He is below the level of even JCC Jr. in my opinion.

Comment

Seriously am glad he got knocked out, He was content on picking on easy fights, He blatant duck a guy who he should have fought or demand to fight, takes on known name who are either old or war-torn, I use to like him but then one too many is too much..

Comment

Originally posted by ablindwatchmakr View Post
              The only thing he has ever had are tune-ups! What a joke. The biggest hype job I've seen in some time. He is below the level of even JCC Jr. in my opinion.
              Whoa, now you guys are underrating him.

Lopez is a hypejob, no question. He's simply not a very good fighter.

But Chavez Jr. doesn't have one win better than De Leon, Luevano, Concepcion, OR Marquez. Those are all better wins than anything on Chavez Jr.'s resume.

I agree with your general sentiment...I'm just saying lets be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by ablindwatchmakr View Post
                You truly have no clue what you're talking about. I agree that Juanma is overhyped but to say he has only fought tune ups is false. Can you name me two current fws who have better resumes,

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  Whoa, now you guys are underrating him.

Lopez is a hypejob, no question. He's simply not a very good fighter.

But Chavez Jr. doesn't have one win better than De Leon, Luevano, Concepcion, OR Marquez. Those are all better wins than anything on Chavez Jr.'s resume.

I agree with your general sentiment...I'm just saying lets be fair.
                  Not yet, but then again, no one is saying JCC Jr. is at the top of his division either, let alone P4P best. That's the problem. The level of hype for this guy was RIDICULOUS. Not only was he considered at the top of his division, but he was considered a ****ing P4P fighter. I always knew something was wrong with that. He has faced decent competition I guess, but in relation to his reputation he was even more hyped than JCC Jr. No one had JCC Jr. as a P4P guy. You can tell by looking at ability. He just wasn't that good. A top ranked fighter in his division? Okay. P4P, and equal to Gamboa? A joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    You truly have no clue what you're talking about. I agree that Juanma is overhyped but to say he has only fought tune ups is false. Can you name me two current fws who have better resumes,
                    This was an over-statement, but in relation to his reputation, his resume was not anything like it was made out to be. A P4P guy? BS.

Comment

Working...
                    X