• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's the best fighter at 140
    his resume is pretty good
    no reason to not give Khan respect now

Comment

Khan's resume is as good as it can be in this stage of his career. He has made it pretty clear he wants to fight Bradley to unify the division further, so at least he is trying to make the best bouts for the sport at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Exactly. Not being able to beat Pacquiao or Mayweather is not something to be ashamed of, they are two of the greatest fighters ever. Khan is really good, and should be recognized as such.
        Your signature is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
          I disagree, all this moving up to improve your chin bollocks does not work. You can't put muscles on your chin, sure a thicker neck may help absorb a shot better but just no. He goes to 147 he is against bigger, better, harder hitting, sharper opponents IMO and will get KTFO! Sure he is young & learning and learning fast, improving a lot but I don't think his chin is the mainly problem, it's his footwork. Sure his footwork looks good early on but as he tires he becomes so sloppy and lunges in and once tagged he's like bambi on ice.

I have always said Khans weakness isn't his chin, it's the top of his head, the temple area! His heads too small for his body lol

Do you realise that boxers who weight drain do lose punch taking ability?

Khan at 135 got dropped by a guy with 5 ko's.

Khan at 140 hasn't been dropped yet.

Most boxers don't eat from Tuesday and drink from Thursday. Not good for your body at all.

Dehydration even kills brain cells Which you never get back!

His resume has Kotelnik, Maidana, Paulie and Judah. Fringe guys like Mccklowskey and Salita are ok, but tune ups.

I am not saying they are great, but a prime age is usually 28. If he can continue to improve and add to his already great body for boxing, he can be good to great. Range, speed and height are all ideals in boxing.

He already learnt to roll shots, hold when hurt, right lead, left hook timed to other guys jab, nice combinations, slightly better guard and a high guard. His jab was also developed by Roach and it's damn good.

He isn't on Mayweather level or PAC, but no one is. However he would be hard for any fighter to beat.

Also pre Maidana it was a wide ud or Maidana ko people said. People said Khan wouldn't take one punch...

Comment

Originally posted by ElderlyBeater View Post
            Do you realise that boxers who weight drain do lose punch taking ability?

Khan at 135 got dropped by a guy with 5 ko's.

Khan at 140 hasn't been dropped yet.

Most boxers don't eat from Tuesday and drink from Thursday. Not good for your body at all.

Dehydration even kills brain cells Which you never get back!

His resume has Kotelnik, Maidana, Paulie and Judah. Fringe guys like Mccklowskey and Salita are ok, but tune ups.

I am not saying they are great, but a prime age is usually 28. If he can continue to improve and add to his already great body for boxing, he can be good to great. Range, speed and height are all ideals in boxing.

He already learnt to roll shots, hold when hurt, right lead, left hook timed to other guys jab, nice combinations, slightly better guard and a high guard. His jab was also developed by Roach and it's damn good.

He isn't on Mayweather level or PAC, but no one is. However he would be hard for any fighter to beat.

Also pre Maidana it was a wide ud or Maidana ko people said. People said Khan wouldn't take one punch...

Of course I do but he I don't understand how a guy that has been that big all his life, well smaller actually and not killing himself to make weight could possibly be weight drained and the weight makes no difference to me personally, I think it's more to do with him improving his defence. I am not sure that makes sense but what I mean is he isn't having to cut say 20lbs to make weight. Though I believe he has looked more steady but who has hit him really apart from Maidana? who should of really finished him as he was out on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
              Of course I do but he I don't understand how a guy that has been that big all his life, well smaller actually and not killing himself to make weight could possibly be weight drained and the weight makes no difference to me personally, I think it's more to do with him improving his defence. I am not sure that makes sense but what I mean is he isn't having to cut say 20lbs to make weight. Though I believe he has looked more steady but who has hit him really apart from Maidana? who should of really finished him as he was out on his feet.
              So when you're 16 making 135 at 5 foot 11, you should make it easily at 21? People grow.

There are boxers who have dropped at lower weights and gone up to take better shots. It isn't always the case but there are boxers who take better shots as they go up.

Cotto, PAC and I will even say Morales at this point. Morales had a good chin but use to eat only strawberries in the last weeks of training to make weight. I would like to see more but feel he can take more shots now than let's say bs David Diaz.

You don't get dropped by a guy with 5 ko's or ktfo while going naked to make weight and then stand up vs a guy with a high ass ko ratio in maidana.

Limited or not, maidana does have something different to a typical brawled. He is very strong physically, he even matched Ortiz. He has power too, and actually isn't that slow. He is very good at grinding out wins and fights, and his natural power is his thing. Khan was hurt, but he learnt from it. Oh and maidana's trainer at that fight even said chins can be better, he did it with Roger mayweather. Roach has also said so. I would rather listen to them than anyone on here.

By 28, the same age as bRadley, khan will have achieved more in his career than Bradley has ever, let alone age by age.

Manny and Mayweather are atg's, khan isn't even hof yet but if he could maybe get another title, move up, and face berto, Ortiz, mayweather, PAC, jones etc.. Even with two loses to the greats, he may reach hof depending on what they do.

Comment

He's a good fighter, but still has much improving to do. I liked the way he looked against Zab because he seemed more fluid, less robotic, and seemed to be adding some wrinkles to his game. I won't get over excited because it is a declined version of Zab after all, who was an underachiever to begin with.

I originally expected him to be nothing more than a decent champ/titlist. He may end up being better than that, but I still don't expect greatness out of him. Yes, he has physical gifts, but I've seen a lot of physically talented fighters. There's just so much he needs to improve in the areas of in-fighting, midrange, ring fluidity, punching technique and accuracy, footwork, etc...

Comment

how long has khan been in the Ring's rating for consistent time? that's my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                    prime khan beats Pac and Mayweather IMO......

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                      lol AT THIS ******, IVE NEVER HEARD OF A FIGHTER PEAKING AT 24
                      Meldrick Taylor peaked at around 21-23, his last real good performance was at 24.

Wilfred Benitez peaked before he was 24.

Mike Tyson peaked at 21.

Donald Curry peaked at 23-24.

Pipino Cuevas peaked in his early 20s, arguably his late teens, and started going downhill at 22.

Fernando Vargas peaked at 22.

Sugar Ray Leonard's peak years were 23-25.

Davey Moore peaked at 23.

It's very easy actually to find examples of fighters peaking at 24 or younger.

Comment

Working...
                      X