No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER: "Pacquiao Went Behind Arum's Back And Tried To Do A Deal With Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
    Heard about this when the video first came out.

IF TRUE, it shows that Pac wants this fight (despite all the misplaced hate around here) and went out of his way to try to make it happen. Wondering, again if true, why didn't FM entertain the thought and why didn't he facilitate real negotiations when the opposing side reached out to him?
    Because it would be a violation of MP/GBP/AHP to negotiate with a fighter who they KNOW to be represented by an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Where did you get this news from?
      Directly from Floyd's mouth on video.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        Directly from Floyd's mouth on video.
        Can we get a link?

Comment

floyd retorted back stating he will only deal with Arum

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
            Remember the last time Manny tried to leave TR
            How'd that turn out
            Unless there's some loophole in his contract that gives him an out clause this is in some serious doubt
            who are we kidding, mannys dumbass probably signed a lifetime contract with Top Prank haha

Comment

Floyd Mayweather, Jr asserted that "Team Pacquiao tried to go behind Arum's back to attempt to negotiate directly" with him.

It isn't common for Floyd to make these kind of statements. I believe this is true. Especially with the turmoil in Pac's camp right now.

I don't know if it was somebody who isn't authorized to deal, or if they did it without Manny's approval. Possible.

Notice that Bob Arum hasn't denied it. In fact, notice how quiet Bob has been since the Pacquiao financial troubles.

IS MANNY ABOUT TO LEAVE BOB ARUM?
              Lets get it on!!! I've been salivating for so long to get this fight happen.

BTW, I once Masturbated with Giada's picture. :LOL:

Comment

Because it would be a violation of MP/GBP/AHP to negotiate with a fighter who they KNOW to be represented by an agent.
                Technically there are legal issues involved. That's a given.

But you guys are missing the point and instead are discussing whether Manny is planning to leave TR. As grown asz men with tremendous power, you're telling me that if you are pac or floyd and the other wants to have a sit down you're going to refuse?? That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  Can we get a link?
                  @32:30

Comment

But you guys are missing the point and instead are discussing whether Manny is planning to leave TR. As grown asz men with tremendous power, you're telling me that if you are pac or floyd and the other wants to have a sit down you're going to refuse?? That's all I'm saying.
                    Who would trust a man who is already attempting to sue you? Especially considering whats being discussed could have negative legal issues?

Comment

Bob Arum can LITERALLY stop the fight if Floyd/Manny did that.

If Arum has a legitimate contract with Manny, then Manny can't do that. In fact, MP/GBP would open themselves to civil penalties for doing that.

I don't know if you guys are aware of promotional and managerial contracts, but they SPECIFICALLY address these types of actions:

Contestant agrees that he or she shall not, during the continuance of this agreement, take part in any contests or exhibitions of unarmed combat, or act or perform or otherwise exercise Contestant's talent in any manner, or place, how or whatsoever, without having first obtained the written permission of Manager
                      Last edited by Gino Ros; 07-27-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X