Comments Thread For: Pirog vs Martirosyan Lands in Krasnodar, September 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
    another bum for pirog. This is the guy martinez is ducking smh
    neither one of these dudes could clean Martinez's jock strap much less beat him in the ring.

Comment

The way they are moving pirog & how he looked in his last fight, derrick "superman" findley beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        That's cool for Russian boxing and all, but I think they are doing a poor job managing Pirog if he wants the big fights he should be showcased on HBO, Showtime or hell even Friday Night Fights. He needs to get his name out there so people want to see him, fighting in Russia isn't going to accomplish that.

People saw that devastating Jacobs KO and were like 'wow, I want to see more of him!' and then he disappears.
        HBO didnt even bother to get a translator to interview him after the fight. Such was their confidence in their latest hypejob, Jacobs. I dont think you can place all the blame on Pirog's management.

Comment

Vanes has earned my respect. Kid will fight anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Vanes has earned my respect. Kid will fight anybody.
            its not vanes...

Comment

this is why pirog will continue to be irrelevant. im sure quillin would fight him if he had a chance. whats wrong with this guy's team? dudes 30 something fighting prospects even tho he should be ready for the top.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                this is why pirog will continue to be irrelevant. im sure quillin would fight him if he had a chance. whats wrong with this guy's team? dudes 30 something fighting prospects even tho he should be ready for the top.
                Dibella said Quillin should fight Pirog on BAD and he might give Quillin a shot at Martinez if he wins. I asked Dibella if he would give Pirog a shot if he beats Quillin. He told me

Originally posted by Dibella
                Maybe, if there's not a bigger fight out there...but there probably will be. Pirog means nothing here. Quillin would mean more.
                Must suck to be Russian in American television. It's hard to advertise a fight with a foreign fighter that doesn't speak English or at the very least Spanish.

Comment

DiBella has tried to match Pirog with Manfredo in the past but Pirog won't come to the US unless it's a big money fight. I don't think his promoters want to risk it.

This is a case of actions speak louder than words. Pirog can say he wants Sergio Martinez all day long but when he only fights bums his words don't mean a thing.

you can't just make a fight because you call somebody out. you gotta build name for yourself, knock off some known guys before you can get a crack at the top dog.

Comment

Damn, I thought it was Vanes. Easy work for Pirog

Comment

The promotor of Pirog is doing a sorry job promoting him.this guy is a beast at 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X