Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Golden Boy Promotions Ever Cheater a Fighter Out Of Money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
    But to a higher extent because GBP hypes the living **** out of each and everyone of them regardless if their skills are on par with the hype or not. I think Ortiz's new found confidence is partly because of this haha.
    Well thats what a GOOD promoter does.

Comment

pretty sure golden boy treats their fighters right... i havent heard of anyone saying anything about being short on money

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        Of all the promoters, Golden Boy seems like the most honest one.

Sure, it's a cutthroat business and GBP is aggressive in trying to lure bankable fighters onto their roster. You may not like that, but you would want them doing it if you were a shareholder.

With all of the scuzzy and thieving promoters around, has Golden Boy Promotions ever stole* money from a fighter?

The way King stole from everybody, or the way Arum is stealing from Pacquiao.
        Thomas Hauser once wrote about an Ortiz-Campbell fight that HBO paid Golden Boy a very high price on, but both Ortiz and Campbell took home quite a bit less than what HBO paid, according to records filed with the IRS. Hauser's articles are all on Seconds Out, and I think this particular one was a review of HBO in 2010. At the end of the day, Schafer was a banker and if bankers know anything, it's how to make money for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
          Thomas Hauser once wrote about an Ortiz-Campbell fight that HBO paid Golden Boy a very high price on, but both Ortiz and Campbell took home quite a bit less than what HBO paid, according to records filed with the IRS. Hauser's articles are all on Seconds Out, and I think this particular one was a review of HBO in 2010. At the end of the day, Schafer was a banker and if bankers know anything, it's how to make money for themselves.
          Wow, really?

Welcome to America

Comment

Originally posted by dabezt2 View Post
            Well thats what a GOOD promoter does.
            But a GREAT promoter wouldn't do this unless they are ready to cash out on one of their fighters. If the fighter thinks he's worth more than he actually is, it'd be hard for his promoter to negotiate with his fighter who wants more funds than would be reasonable for a meaningless fight. Kind of like Berto (even though i don't think he's with GBP). Didn't he get a **** ton for fighting Freddy Hernandez?

Comment

Working...
            X