Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez didnt get good until he was 34! Thats not suspect? Is he overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    True dat Brother Jay.

Listen, your point was he only has 2 noteworthy wins and he only drew with Cintron.
    He didn't actually KO'd and decisioned him easily in the same fight. at least be accurate.

Ever think the reason is because the majoirty of his fights were in argentina and Europe. You should read the link I put at the top of this page.
    When did I say that he got a draw and knocked out in the same fight?

You need to lay off the malt liquor, Walt Liquor.

Sergio DID draw with Cintron. Sergio WAS knocked out by Margarito.

Sergio ONLY has 2 noteworthy fights in his career.

What's the discrepancy?

No .. I never did consider that his record was ****ty because he was in Argentina and Europe. I never gave a fcuk. Pacquiao did the same ****. Manny spent his first 40 fights hiding out in Southeast Asia. That's a hell of alot of padding. Calzaghe did the same thing. He hid out in Britain until the American fighters were damned nearly 40. Dariusz Michalczewski did the same thing in Germany. He hid out there instead of coming to the MECCA OF BOXING.

Sergio is no different. Nothing and no one stopped him from making millions. How has his situation changed from then to now?

I'm not saying he isn't a good fighter. I am saying that he isn't a very accomplished fighter. I am saying that he has a long way to go before he's considered elite.

Let's face: Pavlik was messed up after losing to Hopkins. He began drinking and even considered quitting.

Paul Williams was exposed ever since the first Quintana fight. Everything Sergio did in his second fight with Williams in did in the first except for the knockout. Sergio was constantly catching Williams with overhand lefts. This time he just happened to time it right.

But its not like Pavlik and Williams hadn't both been exposed. I give Sergio FULL credit for those wins but I am not going to exaggerate the value of those fights because some of Sergio's fans like to make noise.

Sergio has a variety of people he could challenge. How about all the fighters who participated in the Super 6 tournament?

I think you should put **** in a more accurate light. Love him or hate him ... Sergio is what he is. No more. No less. No amount of b!tching and moaning is going to change that.

He's got the ability to do great things. That doesn't mean that he has or ever will though.

We'll see as time always tells.

Comment

Working...
    X