Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez didnt get good until he was 34! Thats not suspect? Is he overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since there are so many lazy, uneducated idiots in this thread, im going to actually go out of my way to try and help you fools learn something. You think everything comes the easy way like it dud for roy/oscar/floyd etc. What sergii went through to get where he us requires more courage, drive, andheart than anything these olympians who get a contract could ever dream about doing. Read this and tell me the ts and the other people who "get" this thread aren't complete fools.

http://forums.maxboxing.com/index.php?showtopic=29423

Comment

Martinez was always good, he just didn't get the chance to show it until the last couple of years becaus eopponants avoided him and he was from another counrty. Even in his early fights he show talent,speed ,and power plus a boxing IQ. hE WAS ALWAYS AN ATHELETE, playing soccer and tennis. Pacquiao was garbage, getting ko'ed twice by bums, all of sudden he blasts off, yeah right, give me a break. Pacman is cheating, andhe confirmed it when refusing the random test!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
        Martinez was always good, he just didn't get the chance to show it until the last couple of years becaus eopponants avoided him and he was from another counrty. Even in his early fights he show talent,speed ,and power plus a boxing IQ. hE WAS ALWAYS AN ATHELETE, playing soccer and tennis. Pacquiao was garbage, getting ko'ed twice by bums, all of sudden he blasts off, yeah right, give me a break. Pacman is cheating, andhe confirmed it when refusing the random test!!!

Soccer and cycling. Ur an idiot too.

Comment

People should check Sergio´s record before you speak. He became champion in Argentina very young and he had his shot to fight Margarito, in his prime. At that time there were a financial crisis in Argentina. So he moved to Spain to start all over again, and get known in europe. It was a long way to the States, just try to think how difficult it might have been to be champion in two different countries before he arrived to the states. just to get another chance to win a belt.

Comment

Martinez was always good, always had ability but its the fact he's put together a good run of form against good fighters and done it in style at times. I dont even rate Pavlik and Williams but beating them both and beating on a fairly competent if unspectacular Dzinziruk in back to back fights have rocketed him to big fights.

Trouble is, he cant seem to get Pacquiao, Mayweather or even Chavez Jr in the ring and hes hit a bit of a glass ceiling. And the thing is, he isnt getting any younger (even though he's very young in his 'boxing years' in terms of punishment etc) he needs the bigger fights sooner rather than later

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
              tell that to floyd boy.

apparently your God doesn't want any of Martinez. The dude can't stop talking about Pac but Martinez? the guy pretends not to know he exists.
              First off dude ,Mayweather isn't my god, Jesus christ is!!
              secondly
              Neither does Pacquiao so whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                Shi t post. A decent point covered in shi t. Did you see cintron-sergio? Obviously not......

Pfp is thrown around too lightly and actually means absolutely nothing amyway.

Total sh it thread.

What do you know about sergio's career progression?

He didnt come out of the olympics and have every opportunity handed to him like the ts's *******ual crush did. Sergio's route to fame was much harder....dumbass.
                What's your beef? Cintron getting the draw or Sergio getting knocked the fcuk out?

I don't care what you think about my points, mother fcuker. The fact is that Sergio has 2 noteworthy wins in 14 years. I didn't think I gave you a reason in my post to take all this so personally.

But at the end of the day who really gives a fcuk?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  Since there are so many lazy, uneducated idiots in this thread, im going to actually go out of my way to try and help you fools learn something. You think everything comes the easy way like it dud for roy/oscar/floyd etc. What sergii went through to get where he us requires more courage, drive, andheart than anything these olympians who get a contract could ever dream about doing. Read this and tell me the ts and the other people who "get" this thread aren't complete fools.

Absolutely. The Martinez story is great and inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                    What's your beef? Cintron getting the draw or Sergio getting knocked the fcuk out?

I don't care what you think about my points, mother fcuker. The fact is that Sergio has 2 noteworthy wins in 14 years. I didn't think I gave you a reason in my post to take all this so personally.

But at the end of the day who really gives a fcuk
                    ?

True dat Brother Jay.

Listen, your point was he only has 2 noteworthy wins and he only drew with Cintron.
                    He didn't actually KO'd and decisioned him easily in the same fight. at least be accurate.

Ever think the reason is because the majoirty of his fights were in argentina and Europe. You should read the link I put at the top of this page.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post

But at the end of the day who really gives a fcuk?

Comment

Working...
                      X