No announcement yet.

Pacquiao more accurate puncher than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    Mayweather's style emphasizes accuracy, Pac's emphasizes creating openings and exploiting them. Both are incredibly accurate but Pac does "waste" more punches but like you said, they're wasted only to compubox as they are set-ups for his power punches. I believe his power punch connect rate is even higher than Mayweather's but I'd have to confirm that.
    Yes you are right.

Both are very accurate but Pacquiao has the edge

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      Its no seem to think Floyd is way more accurate puncher; you fail mention Manny landed only at 31% rate overall and 17% of his jabs. And Floyd landed at 44% rate. Floyd has biggest Punch stat disparity in boxing history from his accuracy and punches landed against him so try again.
      And thats where the myth begins, punch stat disparity and punch accuracy are two similar but different things. People here that stat about Mayweather and automatically assume he is the most accurate puncher too.

Comment

its closer than ppl think

but floyd is more accurate i think

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Yes you are right.

Both are very accurate but Pacquiao has the edge
          I see the school systems are **** in the UK AS WELL....

MARGARITO is known for eating punches.... Simply known for it, as a matter of fact he gets hit soo much that there is a thread on here right now comparing his chin to mosley's.

Then you wanna throw in DEHYDRATED DELAHOYA WHOM MANNYS PERSONAL TRAINER ADMITTED WAS THE CASE. Ever been dehydrated? Then you should know you wont be doing any moving, and remember Oscar isnt known for his footwork anyway....

IF YOU ARE FIGHTING BUMS WITH NO MOVEMENT THEN WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? IF YOU ARE DRAINING FIGHTERS, THEN WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?? LET SOMEONE SNATCH 20+ LBS OFF YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL...

There are so many factors involved... What fighter has manny faced thats fast??? he hasnt faced anyone faster than Marquez, and that was years ago.... ****in pathetic.....

Now you wanna talk about power shots. Manny is a brawler, he cant box, as will be proven as soon as his ass takes the test....

Comment

This thread is very very stupid. I don't even have anything to say about the topic, just came to say it's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Mayweather's style emphasizes accuracy, Pac's emphasizes creating openings and exploiting them. Both are incredibly accurate but Pac does "waste" more punches but like you said, they're wasted only to compubox as they are set-ups for his power punches. I believe his power punch connect rate is even higher than Mayweather's but I'd have to confirm that.
              agree.....

some fighters throw punches to set up bigger ones...ali, leonard, hearns, pac, etc....

these "set-up punches" more likely do not land plush or missed but put the opponent on the intended situation...

floyd is a master of very selective punching...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                This thread is very very stupid. I don't even have anything to say about the topic, just came to say it's stupid.

Why is it stupid?

I've backed up my theory with evidence and reasoning, which is more that you have done with your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by QADASHBANYAH View Post
                  I see the school systems are **** in the UK AS WELL....

MARGARITO is known for eating punches.... Simply known for it, as a matter of fact he gets hit soo much that there is a thread on here right now comparing his chin to mosley's.

Then you wanna throw in DEHYDRATED DELAHOYA WHOM MANNYS PERSONAL TRAINER ADMITTED WAS THE CASE. Ever been dehydrated? Then you should know you wont be doing any moving, and remember Oscar isnt known for his footwork anyway....

IF YOU ARE FIGHTING BUMS WITH NO MOVEMENT THEN WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? IF YOU ARE DRAINING FIGHTERS, THEN WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?? LET SOMEONE SNATCH 20+ LBS OFF YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL...

There are so many factors involved... What fighter has manny faced thats fast??? he hasnt faced anyone faster than Marquez, and that was years ago.... ****in pathetic.....

Now you wanna talk about power shots. Manny is a brawler, he cant box, as will be proven as soon as his ass takes the test....

And how do you explain the 4% greater accuracy in power punches from Pacquiao over Mayweather in the Mosley fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Lol, I agree with you, its sorta a bait thread, but the TS actually believes the ****...lol

I admit I got sucked into this peasants thread....

Comment

Originally posted by QADASHBANYAH View Post
                      Lol, I agree with you, its sorta a bait thread, but the TS actually believes the ****...lol

I admit I got sucked into this peasants thread....
                      If it so obviously not true then why can't you up with a reasoned response to prove me wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X