No announcement yet.

Pacquiao more accurate puncher than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    you could actually have made this post interesting by supplying compubox stats of several fights, and account for the stylistical matchups.

It's also not only about hitting, but how you hit.
    Sorry, did the article in a rush and had to go out.

Got the stats now.

I agree that it how you hit, but Pacquiao is the more effective hitter.

Pacquiao has also fought a couple a fighter that just wanted to survive, Mosley/Clottey but his power punch average is still above Mayweather's.

Comment

Roger mayweather: D4thincarnation don't know **** about boxing....

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

There you have it the stats back up my theory and add to this Pacquiao throws more, hits harder and throws more combinations and higher punch combinations, you would have to agree Pacquiao is the more accurate puncher.
        Ok. But all those fighters Pacquiao fought were never defensive or offensive masters. Against Floyd that track record will get busted.

Bob Arum knows Floyd wants to break all time records. And if he allows The Pacman to get in there, accurate power punching will mean zip against Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          accuracy is overrated. accurate punches doesn't mean effective punches. punches thrown at a weak stance can be accurate but they can't be effective. if it is the olympics, accuracy is a must because it's only 4 rounders but in the pros you need to be effective with your punches to weaken your opponent and make him think twice.

Accuracy is overrated by some, but I seen people posting that Mayweather is the most accurate puncher in recorded history and thought I would challenge this.

Would you agree that Pacquiao punches are more effective, he hits harder more often?

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
            Roger mayweather: D4thincarnation don't know **** about boxing....
            Yeah and Pacquiao is bullet proof

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
              Ok. But all those fighters Pacquiao fought were never defensive or offensive masters. Against Floyd that track record will get busted.

Bob Arum knows Floyd wants to break all time records. And if he allows The Pacman to get in there, accurate power punching will mean zip against Floyd.

Save that argument for another thread, this is about accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                Save that argument for another thread, this is about accuracy.
                Oh, my bad. I was thinking this was about surgeon-like precision punching.

Never mind.

Comment

Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                    Oh, my bad. I was thinking this was about surgeon-like precision punching.

Never mind.

If my surgeon only cut right 50% of the time, I would be worried before going in for a op

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
                      Mayweather.

So why do the stats say something different?

Comment

Working...
                      X