Mike Tyson struggling with Oliver Mccall in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
    so what...

he gets a couple to the face while he is still cold...

u forget the part were tyson pops him in the body and mcall says no mas?

What do you mean by him being still cold?.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      How the hell is that struggling?
      Because Mccall hit Tyson more than Tyson hit Mccall.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        wow he was invisible.

he'd be pretty invincible if he really was invisible.

Comment

Tyson was just having a bad day. These 2 have sparred many times. McCall was a great moving punching bag for Tyson. I think he was like the only guy that was never knocked down in sparring by Mike. But he did quit when Tyson attacked his body.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
            Tyson was just having a bad day. These 2 have sparred many times. McCall was a great moving punching bag for Tyson. I think he was like the only guy that was never knocked down in sparring by Mike. But he did quit when Tyson attacked his body.
            How do you know Tyson was just having a bad day?.

Comment

Sparring aint FIGHTING.

It's sparring, and in a real prize fight Mike destroys Oliver.

Comment

All I saw there was McCall *****ing about pretty solid body shots. One of them was near the kidney but he turned.

Struggling? Mike would have decisioned McCall.

Comment

Btw McCall was a good fighter who was even a contender as recently as a few years ago.

He was just a junkie and possibly insane.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    All I saw there was McCall *****ing about pretty solid body shots. One of them was near the kidney but he turned.

Struggling? Mike would have decisioned McCall.
                    he

Did you not see Mccall hitting Tyson with combinations in the face?.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                      Sparring aint FIGHTING.

It's sparring, and in a real prize fight Mike destroys Oliver.
                      Fighters work on all kinds of stuff in sparring. They're not looking to "win," but to improve something or get work in. It's far less intense than a real fight. You often hear reports about how so-and-so knocked down or "beat up" a current champ. It doesn't mean much. Put those same two fighters in the ring when it's for keeps and see what happens.

That said, I still don't see what the OP means by "struggling." Tyson looked fine to me, and McCall didn't do anything special. The only thing of note that I saw was Oliver getting hurt by a couple of shots to the hip. Thanks for the vid, though. I always enjoy watching behind-the-scenes workout footage of guys like Tyson.

(BTW, McCall is still at it. He's got a fight lined up for Sept. 10 in Atlanta.)

Comment

Working...
                      X