Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Leonard or Mayweather jr? Who was more skilled, accurate puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not a fair argument, if there fighting at 147lbs i bet on mayweather at 154 i probably go with srl though i'm hesitant to say it convincingly.

Comment

fact is im a Floyd fan, SRL was before my time, but from looking at footage, every round hed' have a flurry of just throwing made fast shots... id think he'd beat Floyd, Pacman, and a third party lets say Martinez in a best of 3....

Comment

Floyd is far more skilled in ducking and taking a vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
          Translation: I don't even know who that Ray Leonard guy is.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post

Comment

Ray Leonard...........

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                Mayweather is more accurate and a better boxer. SRL was fast, strong, and had fluid combos. I'd give Leonard the edge against Mayweather based on size, but Mayweather wouls still get some solid shots in.

Honestly, I think Hearns would give Mayweather a tougher fight then SRL.
                he wasnt that much bigger. they had the wiegh ins the day of the fight back then....

so if floyd in his prime comes into the ring on fight night for a 140/147 he would be about 150 day of the fight cause he doesnt cut mcuh...

ray probaly ate some food after wighing in at 147 and faught at 150ish...

but maybe when u said size you meant height/reach....

i thing they had the same reach...

ray would win IMO...

Comment

Floyd is the more accurate puncher easily. He gets beat against almost all of the ATG WWs for the jokers in this thread. As a WW hes not in the league of Hearns or Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                    Floyd is the more accurate puncher easily. He gets beat against almost all of the ATG WWs for the jokers in this thread. As a WW hes not in the league of Hearns or Leonard.
                    i agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                      i agree.
                      Not even close. People study Ray vs hmmm all time greats that because of the fact that they are greats themselves its gonna be a great fight and all rays punches will not be landing etc. No look at ray leonard vs hmm chavarini, davey boy green, andy price, geraldo.. these are fighters the equivalent of hatton, 38 year old mosley, 36 year old shot and beaten almost everytime the fight Dlh (when mayweather fought him)... Mayweather skillwise has great skills, but so does everyone else when they fight the caliber of fighters mayweathr fights. Just do yourselves a favor and look at Ray when he fought fighters not the caliber of Benetiz, Duran, Hearns, Hagler. Look at how accurate he was, the speed and power and how he closed the show.

Another difference is Ray could be defensive. Look at duran 2. In that fight he fought pretty much like how Mayweather always fights, and Duran who was only 29 at the time 72-1, could not hit Ray.. Has Mayweather ever fought anyone half the quality of a peak duran? Ray came to fight and allowed himself to be in harms way so that he could deliver his punches. So again I am no so sure Mayweather is all that much of a better of a defensive fighter. Its the style they fight. Has Mayweather ever fought a tommy hearns or hagler...

Comment

Working...
                      X